Author Topic: Craftsman Tools with the =V= Manufacturer's Mark  (Read 83309 times)

Offline johnsironsanctuary

• Contributor
  • Super Contributor and Geezer in training
Re: Craftsman Tools with the =V= Manufacturer's Mark
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2014, 09:30:02 AM »
Nice job David.  What a shame that this catalog effort of yours chronicals the decline of what was, arguably, the greatest retail marketer the world. They certainly had the retail mail order world by the tail and were gigantic storefront retailers. Now, they are just 'also rans' somewhere back in the pack. It is a shame to see that kind success that badly bungled.
Top monkey of the monkey wrench clan

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2014, 02:01:42 PM »
Craftsman 1/2" drive Round Head Fine Tooth (RHFT) ratchet.  This is a pretty nice tool.  What I find interesting about this particular example is the fact that the writing on both sides of the handle appears to have been double struck, however, the ratchet was not positioned exactly the same way between strikes because there's a "shadow" behind each character.  The mistake isn't as clear on the side that says "Craftsman", but if one looks very closely, the double strike "shadow" can be seen.  The side of the handle with the patent information, etc. is much more evident.

Jim C.
Our Go-To Type Study Member

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2014, 10:23:24 AM »
Thank you Papaws for letting me post here.  Send me your address for a free copy.

Hi Jim, and all the rest of you tool nuts like myself.

Like everything else, there is a catch with this $65 including postage price.  I ask that in return for the price reduction, that you give an honest review of the product in either two areas of this site and/or another tool website.  I'm not going to check up on it.  It is on the honor system.  By honest review, you can say it is fantastic, or a complete waste of money.  I spent around 2,500 hours on it, so I'm hoping everyone loves it as much as I do.  So far it has been all positive reviews.  :)  I'm just hoping to eventually break even on the endeavor.  (not including my time)  I made it for me and the rest of the tool fanatics. 

David Maher
1300 Saratoga Avenue #1104
Ventura, CA 93003

Cash, check, money order, paypal.   Paypal Firstclass4   They are shipped USPS priority 2 day.  Outside the US, I pay $6 of the postage and you pay the rest.

Hi David,

I sent you a check this morning!  Thanks again for the deal.  I'll definitely give your project an honest review in this thread and elsewhere.

Jim C.

Offline eddie hudson

• NYC
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2014, 05:59:15 PM »
This might be a dumb question but how do you pay using paypal? I've only used it to buy stuff off ebay.

I was going to use dave's email address to send the money but I'm not sure. It says my statement will say "mrcraftsman" not firstclass4.

Thanks

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2014, 02:54:01 PM »
Craftsman 1/2' drive, 12 point standard sockets, in their original metal tray.  The sizes range from 7/16" up to 1 1/4", including a 19/32" size, but excluding 1 3/16" size.

Jim C.

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2014, 10:06:29 PM »
Thank you Papaws for letting me post here.  Send me your address for a free copy.

Hi Jim, and all the rest of you tool nuts like myself.

Like everything else, there is a catch with this $65 including postage price.  I ask that in return for the price reduction, that you give an honest review of the product in either two areas of this site and/or another tool website.  I'm not going to check up on it.  It is on the honor system.  By honest review, you can say it is fantastic, or a complete waste of money.  I spent around 2,500 hours on it, so I'm hoping everyone loves it as much as I do.  So far it has been all positive reviews.  :)  I'm just hoping to eventually break even on the endeavor.  (not including my time)  I made it for me and the rest of the tool fanatics. 

David Maher
1300 Saratoga Avenue #1104
Ventura, CA 93003

Cash, check, money order, paypal.   Paypal Firstclass4   They are shipped USPS priority 2 day.  Outside the US, I pay $6 of the postage and you pay the rest.

Hi David,

The disks arrived in the mail yesterday safe and sound.  I spent a couple hours last night and a couple more this evening going through them, and I must say that I'm really impressed with the amount of information you included on two disks.  They're easy to navigate and the quality is first rate.  It's certainly the single most comprehensive collection of Craftsman tool catalog information that I know of.  I really think that anyone who uses and/or collects old Craftsman tools will enjoy them and benefit from owning a copy of these disks.  I think you did a GREAT job compiling an enormous amount of information, and getting it into a useable format.  Craftsman tool fans should seriously consider having these disks!!  Money well spent in my opinion.

Jim C. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:59:24 AM by Jim C. »

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2014, 09:08:03 AM »
Dave, my copies arrived yesterday but I haven't had time to look into them yet. I know it is going to grab me for a long time, so I'm saving it for Sunday night at work after midnight when I won't be busy.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline DavidMaher

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Jim. I'm glad you are enjoying them.
Dave

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2014, 07:21:29 AM »
Craftsman 5 piece double open end wrench set with metal holder/organizer bracket.

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Jim. I'm glad you are enjoying them.
Dave

Hey David,

I really like the Craftsman disks.  I've referred to them at least a dozen times since I received them.  They're a great resource for Craftsman tool collectors.  Nice work!!

Jim C.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
I concur, David! The discs are comprehensive and full of good info. Something a true Craftsman collector should have!

Offline eddie hudson

• NYC
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2014, 06:59:21 AM »
Did anyone buy dave the toolman's Craftsman DVD? The answer might be in there.

Well I just got my copy yesterday, and I'm very pleased. The first thing I did was to answer a question I had asked on both the old and new boards, "When did Craftsman change the part #'s on their 3/4" dr sockets". The answer is 1983.

The quality of the DVD is excellent and thanks Dave for the little extra you threw in. I'm glad I posted the above question in this thread to get the ball rolling.

Ray jay

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2014, 06:27:46 PM »
I'm a used tool dealer, I have lots of -v- =v= C-man tools, I find a lot of it.  Make list and maybe I can help.  reasonable prices.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2014, 09:05:19 PM »
I'm a used tool dealer, I have lots of -v- =v= C-man tools, I find a lot of it.  Make list and maybe I can help.  reasonable prices.

You will need to register here and introduce yourself in order to sell. We have guidelines listed in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum.

Offline Jim C.

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2014, 05:17:03 PM »
Craftsman double open end wrenches, 1/4" through 1 1/8".