Author Topic: antique B&D sidewinder circular saw  (Read 1970 times)

KEGUY

antique B&D sidewinder circular saw
« on: January 16, 2014, 11:15:38 PM »
I am offering my very hard to find B&D 6" ,wormgear,sidewinder,circular saw,WU-60,2H,71606.all metal,it is 115 volt,ac =dc,10 amp,5500 rpm,series 1 ,this powerful compact saw is heavy and vibration free.I believe this saw was built in the early 50's,I have never seen any pics or info on it ever,  information  on a series 1,wU-60 , model-71606 would be appreciated,thanks!

Offline ron darner

• RIP 4-18-1941- 9-30-2014
Re: antique B&D sidewinder circular saw
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 02:20:21 AM »
By "offering", do you mean that you are listing it in the classic power tools category as a new item for discussion, or are you trying to sell it?  If the latter, it should be in the Buying, Selling, and Trading section.  If the former, we'd love to see photos of it. 
BTW: it would be much easier to read your post if there were spaces between words and between sentences.  It might look something like this:
I am offering my very hard to find B&D 6", wormgear, sidewinder, circular saw, WU-60, 2H, 71606.  All metal, it is 115 volt, ac / dc, 10 amp, 5500 rpm, series 1.  This powerful compact saw is heavy and vibration free.  I believe this saw was built in the early 50's.  I have never seen any pics or info on it ever.  Information  on a series 1, WU-60, model 71606 would be appreciated.  Thanks!
Arrogance and Ignorance have more in common than their last four letters!

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: antique B&D sidewinder circular saw
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 02:46:43 AM »
You are more than welcome to register. Then you could post pictures. I bet Ron knows a bit about that saw.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/