Author Topic: Another vise  (Read 2400 times)

Offline john k

• Contributor
Another vise
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »
I always wanted a Wilton vise, especially with all the good things said about them on the forums.  This isn't the big smoothly contoured model, but have already found it does what I want.   When I dig them out, will post a pic of my other vises, and why would I want another?   Well we only got one shot at this, and decided to get the one I wanted and enjoy it.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Nolatoolguy

Re: Another vise
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »
I just sold several vices including a few wiltons. The willton bullet style vices seem to bring a pretty penny. I got at least double the emails on the wilton bullet even thoe it was triple the price of a Columbian of the same size.

Don't get me wrong wilton bullet style re a high quality vise but there are others out there that are mechanically just as good. 

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline scottg

• Grandstaffworks Tools
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 11:50:11 AM »
That darling little red one?? 
 YUM!!
Its not big, or probably even sturdy, but its got high style!  1962 Sputnik on the horizon, jet engine equipped style
 I love it
 yours Scott

Offline lauver

• Belton, TX
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »
Gang

The little red vice has great visual balance.  And it looks like if you took it off the base and closed the jaws it would literally balance on a flat surface.  What a nice piece of work.
Member of PHARTS - Pefect Handle Admiration, Restoration, and Torturing Society