Author Topic: catalog reproduction experts?  (Read 2795 times)

Offline rustcollector

catalog reproduction experts?
« on: March 22, 2014, 11:08:59 PM »
Any of you guys good at knowing if something is a repro or not? I got a 1925 Millers falls catalog today that I'm pretty sure is original, but I see they have reproduced a lot of them. I'll post pictures if anybody thinks they can tell for sure or not.

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
Re: catalog reproduction experts?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 09:05:32 AM »
Rust, I have several reprints that were printed by Astragal Press and they are marked as being printed by them and they also have advertising for additional Astragal Press reprints on the back of the cover. That being said probably not all printers were up front on copying other works. They ones I have also have Library of Congress and ISBN numbers inside the front title page. 

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 11:15:04 AM »
There are a lot of repro's of various catalogs that were done by Mid-West Tool Collecters.  They are all marked somewhere.  They print one a year(usually), so quite a few out there.  Ken Roberts also reprinted some, but the ones I've seen have been marked.

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline rustcollector

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Thanks guys. I can't find anything on it that makes me think it's a repro. I'm probably going to list it for sale tonight. I just would hate to sell it as original only to find out it isn't.