Author Topic: Harrolds Question  (Read 7748 times)

Offline bill300d

Re: Harrolds Question
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 02:42:43 PM »
bonneyman
They look quite similar to those Irwins in that pic, are they?
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 05:09:59 PM »
bonneyman
They look quite similar to those Irwins in that pic, are they?

I think it's just a coincidence. I took this photo about 2 years ago answering another question about Irwin and Harrold and just cobbled the two brands together in one pic.
The pick of the litter is the bottom Irwin 4-in-1. Looks very close to the comparable Bonney.
Ratchet Guru

Offline amecks

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 02:20:47 PM »
I remembered this post with the reply from RHARROLD, the great, great granddaughter of Albert Harrold and finally got all 3 of my Harrolds tools in one place.  I contacted her and asked if she would want them.  So, they are in the mail today.

Here's a link to photos:

The adjustable was dug up from the dirt under the back porch of the 100 year old house where I used to live.  Most of the "stuff" I found there dated from the Fifties.   I mentioned that I soaked the adjustable in vinegar for about a week to clean the rust off.  It worked well.  I had a tray of vinegar and covered it with a piece of white cardboard so it wouldn't smell up the shop.   When I took the cardboard off there was a brown image of the wrench on the white cardboard, probably caused by bubbles popping on the surface of the vinegar.  One of the Tool Talk guys called it "The Shroud Of Harrolds" or something like that, referring to The Shroud of Turin.
The smaller pliers were in a box of old rusty tools given to me by a neighbor.  The larger pliers were in a tool box I purchased for $5 from a company that does "cleanouts".
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 06:59:13 PM by amecks »
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 12:34:29 PM »
Here are the Harrold screwdrivers I have.
Ratchet Guru

Offline RHARROLD

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
Thank you for the tools!  Not only did I get the wrenches in time for my birthday, my husband found some for me (ebay) and I now have a prybar (?) and a couple more!  Developing quite the collection.  My daughters were so interested to hear about the tools and my family. They will be getting their own when they are old enough! Thank you everyone for your help in getting these for me!

Offline amecks

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »
HAhahahaha!!! (Evil laugh).  And so we have addicted another whole family to tool collecting.
Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 08:10:55 PM »
FYI Just rediscovered my Harrold thread over at Garage Journal.
Some of the guys over there have found several Harrold tools.
Ratchet Guru