Author Topic: I couldn't believe this name!  (Read 6231 times)

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
I couldn't believe this name!
« on: July 13, 2014, 03:05:18 AM »
Has anyone seen this name for wrenches before?

I almost fell off my seat!

Chilly 《《《《《 - ROFL - :embarrassed:

Offline international3414

• Contributor
Re: I couldn't believe this name!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 05:39:02 AM »
no i have not,but its misspelled  :grin:

Offline strik9

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 11:45:50 AM »
      I sent a set of SAE DOE wrenches to a friend while I kept the Whitworth DOE I'm finding slowly in the street markets.    I've also found but one offset DBE like those but only one.

For some reason a few Fukung branded wrenches ended up in central Mexico.       The DOE in particular are great users, on par with German DOE in fit and feel.      The finish has suffered for years of use.

There are old threads on GG about those I've found.     I don't have links at this moment.
The only bad tool is the one that couldn't finish the job.  Ironicly it may be the best tool for the next job.

Offline oldtools

• Keep OldTools alive by giving them a purpose
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 10:03:38 PM »
Per web;

Shanghai SH-TOOL Co., LTD, founded in 1950s, is a large-sized tools manufactory with over 50 year long history and enjoys great fame in domestic and foreign industry. The company possesses several manufactories such as Shanghai Material Testing Machine Factory; Shanghai Diamond Tools Factory, Shanghai People's Second Tools Factory; Shanghai Xing Guang-Hantolic Tools Co,. LTD; an import and export company mainly for import and export business; and a sale company special for domestic sales. Shanghai SH-TOOL Co., LTD is the vice council chairperson of China Hardware Products Council, the vice-chairman of China Tools Hardware Council and Shanghai Tools Industry Chairman Unit. The main products of our company are manual tools, manual and machine sleeves and kits of "Fukung" and "XL"; diamond tools and products of "Peak"; electric tools of "Peak"; material hardness tester of "DHT"; manual and machine planer tools and paper cutting knife of "Golden Rabbit". Among these, "Fukung" manual tool is the famous brand of China; "Peak" diamond tool is the famous brand of Shanghai; "DHT", "Golden Rabbit", "XL" enjoy great fame in the country. Our company owns 200 kinds and 1000 items of various tools, and all these products are sold well in more than 100 countries and areas in global. Our company obeys the enterprise's idea of " Fukung will persistent in achieving goals". We respect the science, pay attention to reputation, enlarge the market and produce trustable good products through the sense of return the country. We will continue our effects to promote our country's tools industry and national industry.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:42:36 PM by oldtools »
Aloha!  the OldTool guy
Master Monkey Wrench Scaler

Offline mrchuck

• Contributor
  • retired Federal LEO Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
Now when you skin your knuckles when this wrench slips,,,,you will now know what to say!
Molon Labe

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 09:00:36 PM »
heehee
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.

Offline strik9

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 12:10:23 AM »
     I can say for the examples I've handled and own they met the mission statement.    Wrenches on par with European quality standards in materials and finish.

They are good enough to be daily users in a line tech or millwright job.    I cannot say the same for most cheap import stuff today.

Bonus points for the mission statement being written in english by someone that speaks the language.   A very notable detail that helps sales.
The only bad tool is the one that couldn't finish the job.  Ironicly it may be the best tool for the next job.

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 12:22:44 AM »
     I can say for the examples I've handled and own they met the mission statement.    Wrenches on par with European quality standards in materials and finish.

They are good enough to be daily users in a line tech or millwright job.    I cannot say the same for most cheap import stuff today.

Bonus points for the mission statement being written in english by someone that speaks the language.   A very notable detail that helps sales.

Kind of engrishy.

So how do you think Stahlwille ratchets and sockets stack up?  I think they are equal to some of the best domestic stuff.  I like them better than Snap-On because everybody fights for the Snappy's and leave the Stahlwille alone.

Chilly

Offline strik9

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 02:39:28 AM »
     My major experience in Euro tools is with Wurth.    That means Facon action ratchets, Stahwille wrenches and I never did get the sockets pinned to any OEM but I can't recomend the spline sockets .
        That is what the boss has and they just never caught on with me.     The smallest common use stripped out and had to be replaced, they fit too sloppy for the spline form.
  I've never held a Stahwille socket or ratchet to know more about them.

Wrenches, I own Wurth metric DOE and the became my first line tools the 2nd day I had them.   The boss has metric and SAE combo wrenches and other than a little chrome loss on one two of them they are great.

I cannot sing the praises of Wurth-Facom RH ratchets enough despite the scary price.      Well worth every peso paid after years of trouble free use.     But now the RH are gone and another has taken its place.

Minor brand use is Heyco, Hazet and whatever else  found loose in street market stalls and they all share a reveiw.   Thinner than Asains, stiffer alloy steel and  like the Wurth  (Stahwille) I prefer them in some ways over all others.     Its just that to complete a set from car kit tools doesn't work.      You'll only get 4 key sizes in the end.

This is where the Fukung stepped up and gave up a full SAE set and nearly a full whitworth set.    I got the desired feel but needed metrics, haven't found any of those yet.     

Offline oldtools

• Keep OldTools alive by giving them a purpose
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 06:10:41 PM »
WOW!! looked up "Stahwille" & "Wurth" tools, Very pricey!! Never heard of them...

Also had to look-up "engrishy",  yes it is kind-of...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:12:31 PM by oldtools »
Aloha!  the OldTool guy
Master Monkey Wrench Scaler

Offline strik9

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 06:56:18 PM »
     Yes they are.      I have mine from the diesel shop days and don't regret the purchases a bit.      The downside is the loss I will take if they ever go up for sale.    No way in hell I'll ever be able to recover full purchase price like CM or better Asain tools make so easy.

So I'm happily resigned to try to wear them out in my lifetime if possible.    Then pass them onto my son for his turn at them.       No shame in being "stuck" with great tools to use.   

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 02:25:24 AM »
I have a 3/8" Stahlwille set and a 3/4" rat.  The rat was $19.95 at the pawn store. The set was <  $30.00, I think.

Pictures when I get out.

Chilly

Offline goldiver

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 03:11:57 PM »
Probably made at the infamous Hu Flung Dung factory.

Offline turnnut

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 09:33:14 PM »
 I just saw a set for sale at ?????

ebay ??  esty ???    I smiled  when I saw the name, 1st for me, but darned if I can remember where I saw them, looked just
 like chilly's picture.