Author Topic: Papaw  (Read 5209 times)

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Papaw
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:16:58 AM »
I have been a tool freak since 1966 when I had terrible experiences with an old Triumph motorcycle. Certain tools were required to work on that bike and others like it.

Later I began to repair motorcycles for others and had to accumulate many tools. My father was a builder and his carpentry tools were fascinating in their functionality and usage. I was always curious about vintage and antique tools, especially odd ones, so I began accumulating, collecting, and selling them. I am also interested in old cameras, scales, fans, almost anything old and unusual, so you never know what I might have.

I have been a Peace Corps Volunteer, a teacher, a motorcycle mechanic, a truck driver, a dispatcher, and a few other things I may not remember. I have a wife ( more than 37 years ! ), two sons, one grandson, three "foster" grandchildren from our "foster" daughter, a daughter-in-law, many friends, and lots of nieces and nephews.

I started Papawswrench in 2005, and Tool Talk in 2006.
As most of you know, Tool Talk was "nuked" by a malware attack in April this year, and this is its re-incarnation.
Tool Talk is a labor of love on my part, and I am determined to rebuild and continue it as long as I am able.
I am now 68 years old and live 5 blocks from where I was born and raised, and will be here until I pass away. I do plan to live to 100, despite a slight heart problem and high blood pressure, so you folks will have to put up with me a long time!
I have made many friends here, some of whom I have met personally, and others I hope to meet in the future. If not, I will still cherish all the camaraderie shared here and on other forums.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline oldtoolman

• oldtoolman.com
Re: Papaw
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:43:20 AM »
I am glad to see you back.It seems a bit different than before.I am not sure how to post a new profile on myself.  Larry Randall
Larry Randall
larry@oldtoolman.com

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 01:52:28 AM »
Welcome back. Larry! Just click on "Profile" and fill in all the info there, then post an introduction in Introductions.
This software is a little different from the old one, and takes a little getting used to.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 04:38:23 PM »
It goes without saying that I really enjoy Tool Talk, and I am glad you were able to revive it.

I think you advised me how to post a picture for my file, one that shows up when posting.  Can you PM me on that, again?

Thanks.