Author Topic: My First Flea Market(and I'm still scratchin)  (Read 3421 times)

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
My First Flea Market(and I'm still scratchin)
« on: August 20, 2011, 03:37:33 AM »
47th Annual Antique Acres Old timey Tractor and Power How this weekend in Cedar Falls and they had a fairly large Fle Market that may have been worth the $3 1/2 price admission.  My wife and AI strolled the grounds and found a lot of junk overpriced and a couple of tools I wasn't familiar with.  Any one heard of a Bledsoe. channel lock typ pliers made in Minneapolis.  Guy wanted $5 for it and I passed.  He also had a small Truth DOE for an additional $5, but I passed on it too.  Phtos show what we did find.  I also passed on a decent pile of misc old wrenches simply because the old boy wouldn't bend down to $20 from his $25.  Getting to learn to say no more often now as the collection gets bigger.

The large DBE on the left says 359370 RI and  I wonder if that stands for Rhode Island??  Then top to bottom:  AutoKit 100, Barcalo, Billings and Spencer 154, Blackhawk  4218, Bonney 1025, Bonney #550, Fairmount Cleve, Hrrbrand  "3", Hinsdale(double stamped reject?) BE-18, Indestro #144, Wards  Master 3/8" combo.

The bigger stuff on the right includes a 14" Walco Pipe Wrencjh with a 45C stamped on it, A Heller Masterwrench 10" model, an early Indestro Super 1/2" female drive ratchet  #3202 R,  and a Keystone 1/2" drive female ratchet  M1555.  For $20, it was worth the digging.

DM&FS

Champion Pawn/Flea Plunderer
Old Tools and Music.....My drugs of choice

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: My First Flea Market(and I'm still scratchin)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 07:29:35 AM »
Hmmm. I only see one picture?
In that picture I can read 350370RI.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline rusty

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 08:48:26 AM »

It seems to be a one, 350370R1 comes up as an IHC box wrench...

Most of what you passed on can be had cheaper elsewhere, you did good, sometimes knowing when to keep walking is the important thing. The Bledsoe pliers * might* have been worth the $5 , if in good condition, they don't show up that much, but they do show up...

Truth wrenches are very hard to find, but when they show up they can often be had for $1 or less becaus eno one knows what they are and they don't say Snap-On on them - P
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 09:32:43 AM »
 Yes the 350370R1 is a dbe used on Farmall C and Farmall 100,130,140 and Farmall 200,230 and 240 according to Irps. Listed as drawbar wrench and quick attachable wrench. Don't know what we were quickly attaching. Supposed to be a 90 degree bend on one end of one version of this wrench. I have the straight version and have marked off the 90 version as having been acquired but can't find it.
 You may already know you were very near site of MVWC fall meeting Sep 23 and 24. Its in Hudson which is only a few miles south of Cedar Falls. If you are going to fall meeting let me know and I'll throw in a freebie Hinsdale I found since we traded wrenchs a while ago.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »
That's what I get for not checking my posts after I get them to download.  Here are the photos I was describing.  The Bledsoe pliers were a bit on the "chalky" side as far as the finish on the tool.  I'm tempted to go back with a bag full of new shinny Craftsman sockets that I have a couple bucks tied up in and see what they'll swap for them.  This could be my first and last flea market.

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 07:21:56 PM »
@ jimwrench:  Missed your post.  I think we have the 23rd and 24th off, so I might be able to cruise down there.  Maybe my bicycle will be running by then.  Maybe 8 miles from my house.  I'll figure out the address eventually.  Thanks for the heads up....  and a trip back up to my place to sift through the rubble before I sell a ton of this stuff at the World's Largest Garage Sale at National  Cattle Congress Estell Hall the following Saturday.  Early Bird shoppers pay double, but Tool Talk members get 60% off that.  Some marketing scheme huh??

DM&FS