Author Topic: Need help identifying these Pliers?  (Read 10119 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: Need help identifying these Pliers?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 04:47:29 PM »
The Craftsman pliers look like horseshoe lock ring pliers; similar to a snap ring, but wider.  Many rear brake shoe posts have them.

Hopefully the picture I added will help identify, if not than I can get my wifes camera and get a much better shot
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 04:48:20 PM »
The far right one is a glass /tile tool the wheel is a glass cutter, then you line up the score in the "v" to break.

Chilly

If you want it let me know, I do tile work on occasion but have no use for these.
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 04:49:16 PM »
Also what are these, Quality tool seems like

These are prob junk but curious what they were made for

How about this other red handled tool? Anyone?

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »
The very last pair is for spreading something, and it has an adjustable stop.

Chilly

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 12:28:47 AM »
The Craftsman pliers look like horseshoe lock ring pliers; similar to a snap ring, but wider.  Many rear brake shoe posts have them.

I agree.

Kijiji King

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2014, 04:59:11 AM »
Did a search on google for horseshoe lock ring pliers and they do match. It looks like these are the rings as well.

Ive always used a small screwdriver to pry these off, never had an issue do this, quick and easy. The tool seems to me that it would be more hassle than its worth.

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 01:42:25 AM »
The far right one is a glass /tile tool the wheel is a glass cutter, then you line up the score in the "v" to break.

Chilly
If you want it let me know, I do tile work on occasion but have no use for these.
Thanks, I have one I paid full price for in the 90's.

Chilly

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 01:43:44 AM »
Did a search on google for horseshoe lock ring pliers and they do match. It looks like these are the rings as well.

Ive always used a small screwdriver to pry these off, never had an issue do this, quick and easy. The tool seems to me that it would be more hassle than its worth.
You need to try one then. When kept straight they work like a charm.