Author Topic: Does anyone recognize this puller  (Read 2784 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Does anyone recognize this puller
« on: August 23, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »

Id like to know if it was specifically designed for a certain application. I do not see any markings. Thanks
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
Re: Does anyone recognize this puller
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 05:19:09 PM »
Its a beauty. I have come across a lot of no-name pullers.

Chilly

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 05:37:28 PM »
Its a beauty. I have come across a lot of no-name pullers.

Chilly

My thoughts too, maybe if I cleaned it better I would find an identifying sumpthinorother
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:38:34 PM »
Something that sizable would be used on transmissions.    Or would be handy for pulling the steering arm off a steering gear.   The puller behind it with the thin cone end on the center threaded part, is for the collar, on the anti theft part of GM steering columns, since the 70s. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 10:58:28 PM »
I only just noticed something odd about the hexagonal puller, the feet are not cut at a 90 degree angle, so you can't use it on something like a hub where it would hook under, it is designed to fit into something non square and needs the thumbscrews to hold it rigid

Something with a V groove....like a pully?
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline bear_man

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 12:22:05 AM »
Hmm…  Looks kinda like that (massive) hex puller, if used on/in a pulley, would want to warp the pulley.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 05:01:21 AM »
Something that sizable would be used on transmissions.    Or would be handy for pulling the steering arm off a steering gear.   The puller behind it with the thin cone end on the center threaded part, is for the collar, on the anti theft part of GM steering columns, since the 70s.

Thanks, I did remember using that steering column tool many years ago. That one is a Mac tool, lmarked  I have no use for it if anyone is interested.