Author Topic: 60 minutes  (Read 1674 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
60 minutes
« on: August 27, 2014, 04:25:16 PM »
Anybody see the recent episode where they go into some detail how our personal information is being harvested on-line and sold?

Chaps by knads!!
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline rusty

Re: 60 minutes
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »
All they have learned from my personal information is that I am a cheap SOB not worth selling anything to ;P
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »
All they have learned from my personal information is that I am a cheap SOB not worth selling anything to ;P
Im the same way, dont do any on-line banking or paying bills except thru pay-pal and so far I have not had any issues but Im sure even paypal will eventually be hacked.

I was needing a defrost timer the other day, went on E-bay, Amazon ect, found one and bought it but now all Im seeing to the right of mt screen are defrost timer advertisements.

Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline oldgoaly

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »
sounds like you have some "adware" on your computer  try malwarebytes or spybot  to see what it is and get rid of it.
A bunch of pics (5000+) of tools and projects in our shoppe
https://www.facebook.com/187845251266156/photos/?tab=albums

Offline RedVise

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:07:31 PM »
sounds like you have some "adware" on your computer  try malwarebytes or spybot  to see what it is and get rid of it.

That's possible, but more likely it is due to tracking cookies, very common these days.

Brian

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:58:55 PM »
Thatll be the day :) ( long story )

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »
I was needing a defrost timer the other day, went on E-bay, Amazon ect, found one and bought it but now all Im seeing to the right of mt screen are defrost timer advertisements.
Everybody knows that you can't have just one!  Once you've purchased your first defrost timer, you'll want the complete set.