Author Topic: More stuff to identify  (Read 10936 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
More stuff to identify
« on: August 27, 2014, 06:43:02 PM »
Marked Mac SC 4 nuthin shows up on e-bay or on-line
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:40:00 PM by 1930 »
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: Seems like I should know this one
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 07:02:10 PM »
I know these are pretty bad pictures but maybe someone will just remember having one of these testers.

I knew someone that did long ago but cannot remember the details. I see there is a plug of some sort on the end but cant remember exactly what all is missing? Can someone jog my memory?
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 07:12:14 PM »
Marked Mac SC 4 nuthin shows up on e-bay or on-line

I'm pretty sure that's for Delco Remy distributors. There is an insulated block on the side that needs that for the stud nut. Kinda foggy memory though.
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 07:13:36 PM »
I know these are pretty bad pictures but maybe someone will just remember having one of these testers.

I knew someone that did long ago but cannot remember the details. I see there is a plug of some sort on the end but cant remember exactly what all is missing? Can someone jog my memory?

The photos are dim , but seems to be a test light with a plug in lead wire.
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:14:39 PM »
The mac driver is for working on Delco Remy distributors with points like 216/235/261 Chevy 6 cylinder engines. Most older GM 6 cylinders and straight 8 engines. The hex end removes the coil wire and the round stud ends loosens the points from the stud that passes thru the distributor body. I have several brands of that tool i used for over 40 years working on old Chevy 6 engines.

EvilDr235

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:28:39 PM »
I know these may not even be tools but I hate to throw out anything useful and the guy saved them for some reason. Any ideas

That deal in the back is marked the Eliminator, there is on on E-bay for ten dollars, guy dosent know what it is either but I guess he figures with the cost of aluminum going the way it is..........

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 07:38:05 PM »
Does anyone want these before I toss them, pin is missing but otherwise used condition. Marked Ken-Tools

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
May not even be a tool but I have been wondering since I saw it. Nearly hollow but not quite

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: More stuff to identify
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »
This one has me stumped, spring wire connecting the two ends, one end appears oval shaped ( may be distorted a bit ) and the other end appears to be a 5 point socket, handle will slide onto either tool end and allow the user to get a better grip for using the tool.

No markings that I can find
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:57:59 PM by 1930 »

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »
I believe these are adapters to use with a radiator/radiator cap pressure tester.

http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13221.0;attach=33199;image

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »
Does anyone want these before I toss them, pin is missing but otherwise used condition. Marked Ken-Tools

These look like battery post pliers. 

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline rusty

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 08:09:01 PM »
2 shiny things first pic look like adaptors for a radiator pressure tester.

Orange thing...throwaway clutch centering jig?

Mosty Ken Tools things are worth keeping .No idea what that thing is tho..
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 08:31:56 PM »
The battery clamp spreader tool I have been looking for, missing pin or not.   The last one looks rather like a tire tool, used to pull the inner tube valve stem through the rim opening while mounting the tire.   The red plastic cone, is a plug, for the tail end of a transmission to keep it from leaking while shipping, or could be the same for the output openings of front wheel drive transaxles.   The little screwdriver electrical tester looks like it may have a tiny neon tube inside for testing spark plug wire output, some of them did not have a ground wire. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 08:32:54 PM »
I believe these are adapters to use with a radiator/radiator cap pressure tester.

http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13221.0;attach=33199;image

Mike
I believe you are right, I remember now, I did get two pressure testers so these will go alongside them, thanks

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 08:33:16 PM »

The photos are dim , but seems to be a test light with a plug in lead wire.
Thanks LM