Author Topic: More stuff to identify  (Read 10878 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: Seems like I should know this one
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 08:33:45 PM »
The mac driver is for working on Delco Remy distributors with points like 216/235/261 Chevy 6 cylinder engines. Most older GM 6 cylinders and straight 8 engines. The hex end removes the coil wire and the round stud ends loosens the points from the stud that passes thru the distributor body. I have several brands of that tool i used for over 40 years working on old Chevy 6 engines.

EvilDr235
Very nice explanation, thanks
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 08:34:19 PM »
Does anyone want these before I toss them, pin is missing but otherwise used condition. Marked Ken-Tools

These look like battery post pliers. 

Mike
Yeah I know, want them?
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: More stuff to identify
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 08:34:59 PM »
2 shiny things first pic look like adaptors for a radiator pressure tester.

Orange thing...throwaway clutch centering jig?

Mosty Ken Tools things are worth keeping .No idea what that thing is tho..
Too big for a centering jig I believe but thanks

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 08:37:56 PM »
The battery clamp spreader tool I have been looking for, missing pin or not.   The last one looks rather like a tire tool, used to pull the inner tube valve stem through the rim opening while mounting the tire.   The red plastic cone, is a plug, for the tail end of a transmission to keep it from leaking while shipping, or could be the same for the output openings of front wheel drive transaxles.   The little screwdriver electrical tester looks like it may have a tiny neon tube inside for testing spark plug wire output, some of them did not have a ground wire.
Are you saying you want the battery tool? Its yours if so. Send me your address

Quote........The last one looks rather like a tire tool, used to pull the inner tube valve stem through the rim opening while mounting the tire..........Not sure which one you mean

Quote: The red plastic cone, is a plug, for the tail end of a transmission to keep it from leaking while shipping, or could be the same for the output openings of front wheel drive transaxles.   ............I think you are right now that you mention it, thanks

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »
This one has me stumped, spring wire connecting the two ends, one end appears oval shaped ( may be distorted a bit ) and the other end appears to be a 5 point socket, handle will slide onto either tool end and allow the user to get a better grip for using the tool.

No markings that I can find

Still no identification on this one?

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:43 PM »
That tool with the cable between two end pieces, do the ends screw onto a valve stem?
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 04:43:39 AM »
That tool with the cable between two end pieces, do the ends screw onto a valve stem?
No not threaded

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 05:11:31 AM »
I believe these are adapters to use with a radiator/radiator cap pressure tester.

http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=13221.0;attach=33199;image

Mike

Mike can you ( or someone ) explain to me how these work, there is the same set on e-bay except their set has the original case and instructions. I dont want to buy it just for the case and the instructions although of course it stinks I am missing these.

I dont remember ever seeing a rad. inlet that would allow screwing one of these shiny adapter pieces directly to it although I plan to go out and test a few rad when the sun comes up.

Also I take it the adapters are there cause not all rad inlets are the same type but why the long adapter, why would they  have not made them much shorter? These are about 4-5 inches long.

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 07:39:05 AM »
I know these may not even be tools but I hate to throw out anything useful and the guy saved them for some reason. Any ideas

That deal in the back is marked the Eliminator, there is on on E-bay for ten dollars, guy dosent know what it is either but I guess he figures with the cost of aluminum going the way it is..........

Those are to test cooling system , radiator caps. You need a pressure tester also.
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 07:39:53 AM »
Does anyone want these before I toss them, pin is missing but otherwise used condition. Marked Ken-Tools

Battery service pliers

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 07:41:11 AM »
May not even be a tool but I have been wondering since I saw it. Nearly hollow but not quite
Used on transmissions when you pull the drive shaft. Keeps the fluid from leaking out.
There are many different sizes

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 07:42:41 AM »
This one has me stumped, spring wire connecting the two ends, one end appears oval shaped ( may be distorted a bit ) and the other end appears to be a 5 point socket, handle will slide onto either tool end and allow the user to get a better grip for using the tool.

No markings that I can find

Used on GM carbs from the 80's , the computer controlled ones, adjusts the idle screws after you remove the tamper plugs.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:44:37 AM by Lostmind »

Offline amecks

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »

THEXTON Idle Mixture Adjustment Tool 358
Carb Adjuster Tools

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THEXTON-Idle-Mixture-Adjustment-Tool-358-/390797189223?hash=item5afd53e067&item=390797189223&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

I don''t think your tool is the exact tool in this ebay listing but it is a carb tool from the 80's era.  Carbs had hardened caps on the idle air screws so you couldn't mess with the adjustment.  There were special drills to remove the caps.  The screws were often special so even if you got the cap off you would still need a special tool to turn the screw.
Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 03:29:17 PM »
I thought for sure I would have you guys stumped on that one, I would have never figured it out, thanks.

Now does anyone need a THEXTON Idle Mixture Adjustment Tool :)

Offline bill300d

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 03:34:45 PM »
I could send you another so you have a pair.

bill
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.