Author Topic: What the hell are these things  (Read 18517 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: What the hell are these things
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »
I would say the two items on the left are the center sections of two different two jaw pullers, but maybe I've never seen a puller design that uses both of those parts together.  The second from left looks like a variation of a steering wheel puller - bolts go through the slots into a threaded bit on the wheel; these are useful for far more than just steering wheels.

Third from the left is, as International3414 indicates, a stud remover, clamping down on the stud to pull it and destroying the exposed stud threads in the process.

The one at the right's a mystery to me.
Thanks for the info Bill
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 06:13:21 PM »
A guess...the puller on bottom left - a battery terminal puller?

Al

Might be, good guess
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
OOPS looks like the  tapered shoulder screws are solid head not socket head as I  first  thought.  Still could be used with puller. The puller X pieces shown have vertical pieces that are used to pull with and a screw goes in ctr and bears against the ctr of what ever you are trying to pull the other thing from.  The vertical pieces can have a hook on end that goes behind the pullee or some special end that takes the pictured screws that .are screwed into the pullee.  pulee is my  concoction cause I don't know what other word to use- could be a hub or pulley.  Chuck Garrett
Sounds like Im missing way more than I thought. Oh well, good tuning forks anyway so Ill keep them cause I like the ring

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2014, 06:15:18 PM »
on the 5 threaded studs,  I do not know what size they are, but I have a couple sets
that look sort of like yours.

mine screws into the side post batteries to attach my battery charger clamps to.
each set has two sizes to represent positive & negative.

are the threads on yours the size of a side post screw ?

Frank

Thanks Frank, these might be a lost cause. I think Ill keep them anyway, you never know when I might need this sort of thing.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2014, 06:15:38 PM »
Im guessing that these bits all fit some sort of socket just like the bit on the farthest right fit into that particular Mac socket.

I have a few of the ones that I show farthest right and they all have the same end that goes down into the socket where as the row farthest left have just a little notch cut out of the bottoms and the two in the middle have nothing more than a dimple in the end.

But again I am assuming they are all the same tools?

Does that sound right?

BTT

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 06:16:09 PM »
The two deals on the right are I am guessing impact gun heads? Ive had alot of guns but never broken a head to the point of no use so not sure why he would have these spares ( assuming my guess is right )

Lower left and upper left I have no clue

Lower left has a removable pin from the center

I can post more/better pictures if need be
BTT

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2014, 06:16:50 PM »
No clue on this one, upper half slides against the lower half

That's to hold a bolt or nut, usually to put it in hard place where your hand won't fit

Something I will prob. never need, Ill keep it anyway, thanks

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2014, 06:17:57 PM »
>These look like impact sockets, about 2 inches long and maybe 3/4 across, does that still qualify?

And with one way tapered teeth, very weird, no , not what I was thinking of. Some sort of sensor tool? Very strange....
Rustys getting old!  :undecided:

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2014, 06:25:53 PM »
Made by Industro. Spring loaded lever pushes out what looks like a feeler gauge which comes out of a socket end. The other end has two little tangs with a hole in the center.

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »
In photo #323, four items, the two on the right are as you thought, repair heads/anvils for an impact wrench.  If those are 1/2 in.  they look just like the ones used in Chicago Pneumatic model 734 impacts, replaced many of them.   The two on the left, I can't tell from the angle. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2014, 04:59:14 AM »
In photo #323, four items, the two on the right are as you thought, repair heads/anvils for an impact wrench.  If those are 1/2 in.  they look just like the ones used in Chicago Pneumatic model 734 impacts, replaced many of them.   The two on the left, I can't tell from the angle.
Yes they are 1/2 inch, thanks for the confirmation. Never had the impacts apart.

Better pictures below, may not even be tools and after 13 hrs yesterday of sorting thru this stuff at this point Im just about over these little guys anyway.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:01:11 AM by 1930 »

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 08:57:24 AM »
Lower left looks like a bearing press. I have attachments on puller sets that look exactly the same.

Chilly

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2014, 02:56:45 PM »
I would say the two items on the left are the center sections of two different two jaw pullers, but maybe I've never seen a puller design that uses both of those parts together.  The second from left looks like a variation of a steering wheel puller - bolts go through the slots into a threaded bit on the wheel; these are useful for far more than just steering wheels.

Third from the left is, as International3414 indicates, a stud remover, clamping down on the stud to pull it and destroying the exposed stud threads in the process.

The one at the right's a mystery to me.

I picked up this KD 2291 today at the flea for 3 dollars. I can say for sure that I did not see the missing parts within the pieces I had picked thru.

This 2291 is listed on E-bay as a steering wheel/dampener puller.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2014, 05:58:33 AM »
Lower left, could this be a valve tool?

Right side patent number 3, 807,530 I get nothing using google

Top: Not sure why he collected these ( what I call ) thumbscrews. There may be more out there.

Can someone confirm that the lower left tool is indeed a battery tool?

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 06:00:03 AM »
Im guessing that these bits all fit some sort of socket just like the bit on the farthest right fit into that particular Mac socket.

I have a few of the ones that I show farthest right and they all have the same end that goes down into the socket where as the row farthest left have just a little notch cut out of the bottoms and the two in the middle have nothing more than a dimple in the end.

But again I am assuming they are all the same tools?

Does that sound right?

Also looking for confirmation these are indeed bits, anyone have any like these, maybe someone here could use them?