Author Topic: Our shops  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Nolatoolguy

Our shops
« on: August 27, 2011, 12:45:04 PM »
We have done threads about our tools, but what about are beloved shops. Perhaps we could share pictures of our shops.

Heres mine. Theres also a small 10 inch craftsman bandsaw that is on the beige bench but you cant see it its all the way up against the wall right now. And my radial arm saw trually is amazing. I know its considered old school now days but I love it. If you look closly youle see were my grandpa previously had a inlet to slid in wood through the wall from the garge.

My shop is also heated by a small heater i keep in there in the winter. Sadly I think my shops more inslated then my bedroom and ime not joking. But it works out well cause I spend more time in my shop then my bedroom.

Ive really downsized since a year ago. I use to have a drillpress, floor sander, small sandblast cabinet, 80 gallon air compresser, a few air tools,  and other power tools but since moving to the new house not all of it came with. I use to have a 3 car garge now I got this small space. But it usally does suite my needs. Theres also a 10x12 shed outback I store stuff in and some cabinets in the patio I store stuff in as well.

I also have some more tools at school for the vocational program ime in. But my collection is still growing!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:50:26 PM by Nolatoolguy »
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Our shops
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:55:58 PM »
Great shop, Neil! For a young guy, you are equipped well.
I might find enough time soon to show my shop.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:56:21 AM »
Great shop, Neil! For a young guy, you are equipped well.
I might find enough time soon to show my shop.

Thanks, its not anything spectacular compared to some. But for 16 I like to think ime doing well. Some kids spent moeny on video games I spend mine on tools.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 05:03:46 PM »
pics about   a   year old some things have moved  around..
i love sk tools/boxes and indestro super/select tools if you have any for sale or want to part with let me know.  also need a  7/8 williams superench

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 06:26:49 PM »
What kind of box you got, how do you like it

Ime saving up for a new box
~Lee Greenwood

Offline rusty

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 07:02:32 PM »

Mmmmm blue squeeze clamps, I love those things, and you can not ever have too many of them :)

Dustin, do they have earthquakes in Ohio? (Ducking)

OK, I should talk, I don't dare show a pic of my shop ; P

Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 06:04:09 PM »

Mmmmm blue squeeze clamps, I love those things, and you can not ever have too many of them :)

No you cant, there great. I only have eleven thoe. And some other clamps.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 11:18:50 PM »
old sk box behind the black clark*box infront... and i also have a waterloo top next to my sk (will get pics soon)

rusty  when you got a small area to work with you make do.. its getting cleaned up right now have to  get the snowblower in there.

(* i strongly  recomend against buying a clark box.. the one in the picture    tipped over once when i was moving it and hit a crack and  one side complerelly crumpled in)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:20:43 PM by Dustin21 »
i love sk tools/boxes and indestro super/select tools if you have any for sale or want to part with let me know.  also need a  7/8 williams superench

Offline kxxr

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »
Even Snap On gazillion dollar boxes have yet to be designed to defy the laws of physics. Just sayin' :)

Offline rusty

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 01:30:21 PM »

Yeah, my buddy was rolling a snapon box across a warehouse once and the wheel got stuck in an expansion groove in the floor, the box flipped onto it's side, and the tools jammed all the drawers shut. No amount of shakinf , wiggling and pounding on it would free the drawers.  He had to pry it open like a sardine can to get the tools out :(

Fortunatly it was a company box, they bought him another one, but not before he got a lecture about going too fast....\
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 08:44:35 PM »
maybe so. but the sk box that belonged to my grandfather when he worked for campells soup has been to hell and back and still standing strong

Offline Dakota Woodworker

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 12:45:02 PM »
Here is a picture of the woodshop we are building in Cando ND. It's all closed in now and insulated.  I'm working on the sheetrock... hope to start moving in shortly after the first of the year.  I'll post some more pics as I get the machines and work benches moved in.  I'll have a cabinet to display  the old stuff that I have collected as well.

Took some interior shots of the shop today. It's up and running, I'm currently building a set of 6 bookcases for our local library. Should have them out of the shop next week.

In the view looking west with the tablesaw in it you can see the bookcases to the left with the door to the finishing room through the door to the left of the red home built roll-around tool cabinet.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:32:04 PM by Dakota Woodworker »
Current Dakota Auction Champion

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 09:52:59 PM »
WOW, thats a nice shop you got there.

One day I will have one like that :)
~Lee Greenwood