Author Topic: Manning, Maxwell & Moore (1902 ) hardware catalog  (Read 2929 times)

Offline mvwcnews

Manning, Maxwell & Moore (1902 ) hardware catalog
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:26:52 AM »
( http://books.google.com/books?id=QIo4AQAAMAAJ )  Another "full line" hardware wholesaler's catalog -- it has an elaborate table of contents at the front.    I came across it while looking for a "Fry's Patent" lineman's side cutter pliers patent that includes a side roller to facilitate making splices.

Check out the "railway velocipede" on pg. 702.

Offline turnnut

Re: Manning, Maxwell & Moore (1902 ) hardware catalog
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:11:05 PM »
Stan,   I remember seeing one that had only one outrigger wheel many moons ago, I can not remember where it was,  I do remember the guy telling us that the 3 wheelers were favored as they were easier to remove from the track if they heard a train coming,

and some years ago, one of the magazines ran prints on how to make one out of a bicycle,  of course
train traffic was not heavy many years ago.

when we were kids, we would ride our bicycles on top of the rails to see how far we could go
without falling off.  it was never far.  skinny rubber tires on steel rails were not meant for each other.

Frank

Offline mvwcnews

Re: Manning, Maxwell & Moore (1902 ) hardware catalog
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »
I should have added pg. 701 which has more human powered rail velocipedes including the "single outrigger" type.

There are tools in this catalog for a wide range of interests;  I know I need to go through it carefully for "auxiliary" wrenches.