Author Topic: Accountant  (Read 1437 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Accountant
« on: September 10, 2014, 06:26:24 AM »
Someone told me that I could search a guy I know previous tax documents to find out the name of his accountant. Is this possible in the state of FL ?

I would like to use his accountant for a business that I am working on, if I ask the guy I know chances are he will not tell me otherwise I would just ask.

Thanks
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline stillfishin

Re: Accountant
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
I guess the question then becomes; "Should who works for someone be public knowledge?" Speaking for myself, I have a problem with people who think it should be, because invariably it doesn't stop there. It goes on and on into every detail of a persons life. Do your own research into accountants and whatever else you think you need, rather than choosing one based on who else they work for. There could be many factors involved that you aren't seeing or have even considered.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 11:36:41 AM »
I guess the question then becomes; "Should who works for someone be public knowledge?" Speaking for myself, I have a problem with people who think it should be, because invariably it doesn't stop there. It goes on and on into every detail of a persons life. Do your own research into accountants and whatever else you think you need, rather than choosing one based on who else they work for. There could be many factors involved that you aren't seeing or have even considered.
I am wanting to know if these sorts of things are public record, nothing more but I will add that I agree that there is too much info avail that should be private that is not. I am trying to find out if this information is avail on-line.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:38:39 AM by 1930 »
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline rusty

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 04:07:17 PM »
Tax documents are confidential in most (all?) states.
(Except occasionally those of politicians)
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 11:55:05 PM »
No they aren't, thankfully!  That would be a horrible place to live. Oh, wait, I forgot about that data storage thing in Utah.

Well, that's just emails.  I see my accountant in person.  I lost about $254k one week in 2002.  Found out on a Thursday, talking to mine. Spent Friday in my lawyers office, gave him 50k to open a trust so I could make sure to pay government, etc.  Called all 30 or so employees and a partner who only owned 49% Sunday night, got jobs for a select group of the best by Tuesday.  I had to do it quick to protect legal rights against the guy we bought the company from. Scariest time of my life. I just did whatever the experts said. They are worth every penny.

Bottom line is, lost 254k and that was okay because my accountant and lawyer were very good.  Protected most of my personal assets.  It took 9-1/2 years to save up what I had lost, but it is in very safe places. 

Bob, my accountant is not allowed to retire before I do.

Chilly