Author Topic: WORLD'S LARGEST GARAGE SALE EVENT IN WATERLOO IOWA OCTOBER 1ST!!  (Read 4188 times)

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
Well, I've decided to unload a bunch of the stuff I've amassed at the WLGS  sponsored by the local Culumus Media Group of Radio Stations here in the Cedar Valley.  It will be held Saturday, October 1st, at the National Cattle Congress's Estell Hall from 7AM til 2PM.  I will be in booth 12 along the wall by one of the fire/exit doors.  I know most of you are too far away to make the trip worthwhile, but I wanted to make sure no one was left out of the advertising loop.  In a week or two, I'll have a better handle on what's going out the door, but I have posted most of the brand names that will be sold on my facebook page.  Pretty sure I don't have any TT members as FB friends yet, so if you'd like more instant info, that might be a route to take.  The 10x20' booth is $45 and we have to charge 7% sales tax, but considering a local paper yard sale ad runs, 38 bucks to get maybe a hundred folks to the house, the WLGS had 2500 folks that paid $1 a head to get in and shop not to mention mega ad campaign on like 4 different radio stations the month prior.    I'll be in the same spot as last year, so any repeat customers should be able to find me.  A big banner that says"GUY STUFF" and a downward facing arrow usually gets their attention and why I want a wall behind me.  I'll put something on Craigslist too and the local swapsheet.  After all that the gas over there and back won't seem so bad.

See You There Ha HA

DM&FS
Champion Pawn/Flea Plunderer
Old Tools and Music.....My drugs of choice