Author Topic: Plierench Versions  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Yadda

Plierench Versions
« on: September 24, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
After seeing some discussion on the different Plierench versions I decided to start a topic specifically for this subject and to document some of the different versions I have and want.  I will start with a version I saw recently.

I saw this version of the Plierench on the popular auction site and grabbed a screen shot of the head for posterity and to add to my search list.  My bankroll is kind of flat at the moment and the price was a little more than I wanted to pay so someone else owns it.

I believe this is a Heyco branded Plierench.  The H in front of the year and the special strain relief jaws are pretty good indicators. This was new to me.  I haven't seen this tool in an 8 inch version  before now. Heyco Plierenches in 7 inch are more common.  I recently acquired a 7 inch Heyco Plierench which I will try to document later this week.
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline Charles Garrett

Re: Plierench Versions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 04:46:55 PM »
Heyco modified both the 7 and 8 1.2 sizes of the later model.  The co is in New Jersey and the pliers are used to install strain relifs. After the Eifel patents ran out they designed and mfd a simplified version of their own..   Chuck Garrett

Offline Yadda

Re: Plierench Versions
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 07:43:31 PM »
Heyco modified both the 7 and 8 1.2 sizes of the later model.  The co is in New Jersey and the pliers are used to install strain relifs. After the Eifel patents ran out they designed and mfd a simplified version of their own..   Chuck Garrett

I was wondering how their version came about.

You might say I have a tool collecting problem....