Author Topic: Another issue  (Read 3089 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Another issue
« on: May 08, 2011, 07:06:32 AM »
Ok this one loaded real quick no problem, why cant I get a smiley face or any face anymore, is this something I can change on my comp. so I can use them? How do I add to my signature, sorry if all this has been covered already, my remodel project is nearly complete and I have extra limited time to read every thread here.
I have been also meaning t add that I am sure this site is maybe more expensive than the last, I am assuming that there is no chance that this  material wil be  lost, I am assuming that all this new material is somehow being archived, I am assuming this because i dont think Noel would like to see the same mistake happen twice and I am assuming he has fixed that somehow prob. at a greater expense to him.
This site is not like the AACA and some other big sites that have slush funds so I would suggest that it is the right thing to do to donate, just twenty bucks a year wouldnt kill anyone here, that is all I did and will continue to do, its a good site and we all benefit so its the right thing to do, if ever this site gets so big that Noel has sponsors ( I am assuming now that is the end result that is being persued ) than dont donate I guess but at this point just help to keep this site alive, there is no other place that I know of on the net ( and dont really care to know of another if it does exist ) that I can get questions answered like the post I made on my ignition set that Bus was kind enough to add to.
Id also like to read my post right after I submit, the old forum once you submitted it would automatically redirect me to mynew message, now it takes me all the way back to the particular forum I am posting in, can this be fixed, thanks
While I am at it I would also like an endless herom of wives ready to satisfy my every possible need, ( see this is where I would insert smiley face ) thanks again
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:12:38 AM by 1930 »
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Another issue
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 08:00:21 AM »
I have not incurred any great expense in rebuilding Tool Talk, and haven't produced a Donation button yet. I will today, but am not begging for donations.
The possibility of a reocurrence of the malware attacks is always there on the internet, and there is not much I can do about it, but I will run regular backups so that restoration is possible rather than a total rebuild.
I don't intend to have ads, ever. I also don't like the idea of a paid sponsorship system, I feel that should be totally voluntary.
As for smileys, they were here, but don't seem to be working now, and I will try to see why.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline rusty

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »

I was going to mention the donate button on your main page pointing at the old hosting folks, but I figured you were kinda busy....

[It doesn't work now that you cancelled the old account anyhow]

The smileys are broken because the domain name in the links isn't configured...
http://127.0.0.1/smf/Smileys/default/smiley.gif
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
I see, I thought that getting adds was a way of having someone else pay for your site so it can grow larger and then more perks but glad to hear that you dont care about that, I would not either, life is too short to keep going after the red ribbon, sometimes its nice just to get the yellow
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.