Author Topic: And another few more  (Read 1277 times)

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
And another few more
« on: November 26, 2014, 02:45:06 PM »
I was supposed to be flying out at 6 AM today but when I phoned for a taxi the dispatcher at the cab company told me my flight was cancelled. The city I live in is small enough that everyone knows whats going on. Apparently the flight crew had phoned from their Hotel to say the plane didn't get in last night so everything is on hold. I checked with the airline and some piece of hardware malfunctioned at our airport and no flights came last night or this morning.They tell me a part and a man are enroute to do repairs so we will try it all again tomorrow. To make a long story short this gives me time to practice up a bit on how to post pictures.
 so, the 1st and 2nd picture are of a Stanley No 10 1/4 Carriage makers rabbet plane which was made from 1911 until 1942, this guy has the unusual feature of tilting handles which enabled the user to have more hand clearance when working near a vertical surface. It also has cutting spurs on each side. the 3rd pic is a Stanley No 113 circular plane made from 1877 until 1942. I just picked this guy up a short while ago at an estate auction and haven't yet had time to have a good look at it or clean it, but so far it appears to function properly.

Offline Jim C.

Re: And another few more
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 03:31:47 PM »
I sure do like that Stanley #10 1/4.  That's a tough one to find.

Jim C.
Our Go-To Type Study Member