Author Topic: A few hacksaws  (Read 2279 times)

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
A few hacksaws
« on: November 26, 2014, 03:34:43 PM »
In the first picture the top saw is a Crescent No 1046, I saw an item on ebay this AM which was an add from a book or magazine dated March 1 1930 and it showed, on page 36, a picture of this saw selling for an even $2. I didn't think that is was that old. Below that is a Millers Falls No.84. The top saw in the second picture was made by my father shortly after the 2nd world war. My Dad ended up in Trail British Columbia and served an apprenticeship as a welder fabricator at the Consolidated Mining and Smelting Co's lead zinc smelter located in Trail. The tradesmen there made a lot of their own tools of which I managed to save some of my fathers. The saw below that one is unidentified at this time.The only markings I can make out are a  5A stamped on the block next to the wing nut. Any help on a maker would be appreciated. 

Offline Billman49

• Collector of edged tools, especially billhooks...
    • A Load of Old Billhooks
Re: A few hacksaws
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 04:32:50 PM »
Slight error - same picture posted twice - only writing this so you'll see that someone has responded, and maybe curious as to what they've  (I've) said...

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 05:02:58 PM »
THANKS BILLMAN. I'll see if I can correct that.

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
The bottom saw with the wood handle looks like it might be a meat saw.

Congratulations on getting your "picture posting" going.  It really does get easier as you do more.  I had a terrible time on my first few try's.

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 05:55:05 PM »
Thanks Mike. I think your right about the bottom guy being  a meat saw. It has way fewer teeth than a hacksaw does.