Author Topic: Missing Tools for 1951 MG TD Tool Wrap  (Read 4703 times)

Offline RodFru2u

Missing Tools for 1951 MG TD Tool Wrap
« on: September 07, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »
Hello all,

I am trying to put together the original tools for a tool roll/wrap that will go in our 1951 MG TD. I have found most but still seek the final few that will complete the tool kit. These are "show tools." I have many to repair the LBC on board and in the barn.  There were a few Tool suppliers for these cars, King Dick was a Major supplier as was Shelley & Dunlop . I have even heard that sometimes they ran out of one supplier they just use what they had on hand, some kits had tools with no names or sizes. Right before and after  the war they just stamped them out. 
   Here is what I am looking for to complete this tool Kit ;

1   -    3/4 lb Marked  "Shelley"  Ball Peen Hammer

1  -     10"  Marked  "Shelley" Perfect Handle Style Screwdriver

1   -     7"   "F"  Style Handle  Marked "Shelley" or "King Dick" Adjustable Wrench

1  -       1/2" W x 7/16" W Marked  "King Dick"  Flat Stamped Metal Wrench

I would love to trade for these, What are you looking for ? I am not looking for "perfect" tools in any way . I know these are  old tools LOL and were left on the sides of the road or just thrown in the back of the car, once you got the bugger running and back on the road after another minor "problem" ( Ok, it broke down again) such is life in these LBC's { Little British Cars }  Gotta Luv them !  Any help would be welcome, Thanks in advance.

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
Re: Missing Tools for 1951 MG TD Tool Wrap
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:54:54 PM »

1   -    3/4 lb Marked  "Shelley"  Ball Peen Hammer

1   -     7"   "F"  Style Handle  Marked "Shelley" or "King Dick" Adjustable Wrench

I definitely have the hammer, and I also have a 6" Shelley King Dick-style adjustable wrench (not like the "auto wrench" pictured).

What type of tools do you have to trade?

Kijiji King

Offline benjy

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »
i picked up the 7 inch king dick today,,only a quid plus postage if you are interested..its a little jawed but could be put right with a little effort.
TOOL TALK MEMBER OF THE MONTH April 2012

Offline RodFru2u

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 06:33:45 PM »
Hi there Benjy,

Yes ! I would be interested in them, What are you looking for them ? Trade or Cash ? How much is a quid and any Idea what shipping is to   Zlp Code  90201 (Bell)  California USA. If it's Trade, What are you looking for, besides blow torches. I've see a few but none with the pump in the handle ( I think that's what you collect )  Rough condition is OK they are for the Tool Wrap and are for show mostly. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me. Rod

Offline benjy

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »
hey Rod...i dont collect blowtorches, and a quid is £1... i am off to lithuania tonight for a few days,so will look into postage for you when i return..i think i also have a tommy bar similar to the one in your kit,,yours gratis if i can find it and you need it. Ben

ps..i came across the rarer 7 inch a few days ago with the KD as well as the king dick stamp,,cool but pricey,,thats for ebay.will post a pic on my return
TOOL TALK MEMBER OF THE MONTH April 2012

Offline RodFru2u

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:53:21 PM »
Benjy,

Very nice Lithuania, for fun I hope. Oops, Guess I got you mixed up with some one else about collecting the Blowtorches. Thank you very much for checking out the shipping cost, I'm in no rush so whenever you can get around to it I'll  be here. Thanks for the offer of the Tommy Bar I can use it if you can find it.
Thanks again for keeping an eye out for me. Rod

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 05:15:10 PM »
Did you ever find the King Dick flat wrench you wanted?