Author Topic: Tool purchase from Craigslist  (Read 966 times)

Offline amecks

Tool purchase from Craigslist
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:08:57 PM »
This popped up on CL this afternoon.  I replied with email and he called just after I left work. He was asking $30 and I paid $25.
A few of these will go to work with me, several I'll keep in my home shop, the rest I'll try and sell and get at least some of my money back.

The tool set with sockets, wrenches, pliers etc is China "Dura*something" - moderate quality - nothing special.
The plastic tool box is B&D.  There's an Arrow staplegun and staples, a few Spanish(! but cheap) wrenches, 3 no name chisels, a 25' tape, Stanley utility knife, offset screwdrivers and some odds and ends.
The screwdrivers L-R are Craftsman, Sears, Stanley, and Master Mechanic (TrueValue).  Two sets of precision screwdrivers (yellow one is Stanley but they are light and flimsy feeling). Drill bit set.
The real goodies:  Amp wire terminal tool in excellent condition, cheap magnetic bit holder, Stanley 8" adj, Craftsman 6" adj.  Vise grips, Diamond 7" vise grip tool, C-man offset screwdrivers, nice centerpunch, Kobalt mini torx bit screwdriver with tiny torx bits in handle, Channellock 422, unmarked needlenose - worn, C-man 1/4 dr ext, ratchet, handle.  The other fat handled ratchet (I forgot the name) has a flex handle and 3/8 dr on one side 1/4 dr on the other.

Al
Jordan, NY

Offline bonneyman

Re: Tool purchase from Craigslist
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:14:44 PM »
Looks like you did well. Keep some, sell enough of the rest to at least break even.

Good plan.
Ratchet Guru

Offline Yadda

Re: Tool purchase from Craigslist
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 04:40:58 PM »
Great buy! 
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....