Author Topic: Blue-point TF-528-D  (Read 6371 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Blue-point TF-528-D
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:06:53 AM »
I need a new cutting wheel for the tubing cutter that is within this kit, anyone know where to find on on E-bay.

I know I spotted them in the past but now cannot find them. Thanks
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline snapmom

Re: Blue-point TF-528-D
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 06:19:26 AM »
I would guess that a RIDGID would fit.
Collector of Old Snap on, Blue Point, Blue Points

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 01:08:21 PM »

Kijiji King

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:15:27 PM »
Thanks for the help, I got to thinking after making the post that shouldnt the wheel be under the lifetime guarantee? .....

Im going to hit up the snapper guy when he comes back on Thurs and see what he says.
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:13:53 PM »
Thanks for the help, I got to thinking after making the post that shouldnt the wheel be under the lifetime guarantee? .....

Im going to hit up the snapper guy when he comes back on Thurs and see what he says.

Cutting wheels are disposables, like drill bits kind of. Rigid cutters used to come with an extra cutter wheel.

Chilly

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 12:50:52 PM »
...I got to thinking after making the post that shouldnt the wheel be under the lifetime guarantee? .....

Cutting wheels are disposables, like drill bits kind of.

Does that mean Snap-on will not cover the wheels?

I have no personal experience in the area, but I was under the impression that Snap-on does cover such things...

Kijiji King

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 06:06:52 PM »
...I got to thinking after making the post that shouldnt the wheel be under the lifetime guarantee? .....

Cutting wheels are disposables, like drill bits kind of.

Does that mean Snap-on will not cover the wheels?

I have no personal experience in the area, but I was under the impression that Snap-on does cover such things...
For sure in this particular situation it comes down to how much money one spends with the tool guy, I have not bought a snap-on tool in years but at one point I made alot of purchases so my box has alot of their tools.

Their air tools I have found to be some of the worst I have had to not deal with, I bought them, they broke or stopped working and they got tossed in the darkest corner of my box.

Ill give the cutter to one of the other fellows that is still buying alot from the tool guy and hopefully he can get it taken care of for me.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »
Just an up-date, they are warrantying the cutter, he tried to just trade me outright my tool for his new one, looked identical, weighed about half as much, I said no thanks, get me the blade

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 04:48:17 PM »
Nice!  :grin:

Kijiji King

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 07:42:26 PM »
That's great!  There is one of the reasons that Snap-On is top notch.

Congratulations!

Chilly

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 04:18:19 AM »
Just now learned ( random search on-line ) that there is a spare cutting wheel ( or there is supposed to be ) right behind the deburring blade on these tools.

Sure enough there was one there and it has already been removed and mounted.

Ive had this kit quite a few years ( bought used with a broken wheel ) and have always been disgusted not being able to use the cutter, had to use others. Little did I know that a new blade was right there in front of me.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:47 AM »
Just to add some salt to my wounds I am looking down at the extra pieces of my snap-on kit ( that I am still trying to identify better ) and there within that was another spare cutting wheel.

Offline turnnut

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »
1930,  do not do what I have done in the past !

for example;  I would take an old wrench and put it in a safe place so that it would
be handy to study, then when I think about it, I do not remember which safe place it
should be in.

I am sure no one else has this problem, ha-ha.

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2015, 12:43:21 PM »
Just now learned ( random search on-line ) that there is a spare cutting wheel ( or there is supposed to be ) right behind the deburring blade on these tools.

Haha! I could have told you that...

Just to add some salt to my wounds I am looking down at the extra pieces of my snap-on kit ( that I am still trying to identify better ) and there within that was another spare cutting wheel.

Are you saying you've had TWO spares all this time? LOL!  :smiley:

Kijiji King