Author Topic: Toy Tractor models  (Read 6620 times)

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
Toy Tractor models
« on: February 12, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »
  Bought two more tractor models at auction today. That's three in a week. Could that be a slippery slope I feel beneath my feet ?
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Toy Tractor models
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 04:33:33 PM »
Yes it is!
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline leg17

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 04:53:50 PM »
One more and your feet will be higher than your head and you will be on your butt.
HEADING DOWNHILL.

Offline johnsironsanctuary

• Contributor
  • Super Contributor and Geezer in training
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 05:04:00 PM »
Jim,
It is a losing battle.  They really can tool then faster than you can buy them.
Top monkey of the monkey wrench clan

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 06:24:59 PM »
I collected for many years. I'm down to one tote full. Sold a bunch at an engine show , never pulled them back out of the Tote.
If you find you're hooked , send a PM and I'll take some photos.
I mostly collected the toys that were played with , not the boxed " collector" sets.
I'm on to other things now.
Collecting is fun !
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline turnnut

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 07:38:40 PM »
and all this time I thought that everyone collected tractor models.

tractor fever takes time to get rid of,

enjoy them.

Offline Ken W.

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »
I also have a few totes of these and quite a few precision made ones.

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »
If I look up as I sit here,  There are five or six of those die cast tractors collecting dust.  Plus have some smaller ones in a glass case, along with a few implements.    I only buy the ones I used to work with or others if the price is real good.  Have looked at the Precision models but that is a lot of cash.   A friend started collecting the John Deeres,  even tho he has nearly a full set of the big ones.    He kind of slowed up when he bought a complete running John Deere B, for less than he paid for his last Precision model.   One thing I did splurge on was a J.I. Case Steam engine, that came out ten years ago or so.   The local farm store had one leftover in February, marked way down, in the box and it came home with me.   I put it together, placed it on the shelf after I pushed the book racks back some, and lowered an old aquarium over it.  I still like looking at it, and yes I saved the box.  Old toy trucks, now that is a different story.   Took some out to the new garage after I put up the shelves, so they can keep me company at the bench.  Just another slippery slope.   One more thing, I lost all my toys due to a house fire long ago.   Watching the antique places for replacements has been a past time of mine,  just not going to shell  out the $1,800  to replace them all!

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
I had like five toy tractor models I got for no reason, just like cheap ones from big box stores. The only minutures I cared about were sets of consolidated freight way trucks, that I played with since I was young. My grandpa worked for CF for over 30 years an he always had them. I probably had 40 or so total pieces of cf trucks an stuff on a bookshelf. Sadly it all went away when we had a house fire.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 04:16:27 PM »
I had like five toy tractor models I got for no reason, just like cheap ones from big box stores. The only minutures I cared about were sets of consolidated freight way trucks, that I played with since I was young. My grandpa worked for CF for over 30 years an he always had them. I probably had 40 or so total pieces of cf trucks an stuff on a bookshelf. Sadly it all went away when we had a house fire.

It's all just " stuff" . Plenty more out there. Glad you didn't burn up with it !
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 07:08:21 PM »

It's all just " stuff" . Plenty more out there. Glad you didn't burn up with it !

That is deffintily true, with time an money you replace stuff. A few things with sentimental value you can't but I would rather loose a something then someone I love.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 09:20:39 PM »
toys
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:29:01 PM by john k »