Author Topic: UPS  (Read 1747 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
UPS
« on: September 18, 2011, 04:23:54 PM »
Just curious, I purchased a set of bumpers for e-bay buy it now 45 bucks, shipping was 59. I asked the guy yesterday for a tracking number since I had not seen them yet, they are not late I am just anxious, he sends me a note thru e-bay with a tracking # and tells me the shipping was 79 and if I had any more questions to call him ( he gave me his number ) I checked the tracking and evidently he sent them to someone in San Diego whom has already refused them and sent them back to shipper.
Who pays the return shipping?
I am assuming UPS is not going to cart these all over the country for free.
I have tried callin the guy to let him know what has happened, I live in FL. Tried twice no answer and left a message with return number, no call and no e-mail. No response period. The guy has 1142 score and 100 % on e-bay, I am only because of that assuming I might still get my bumpers although I guess its going to cost him more at this point to send them than what I have already paid, not my problem but I am curious about the return shipping deal. Thanks
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Ken W.

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Contributor
Re: UPS
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:07:50 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it yet. The seller might not even know about it until the box gets back to him. If he screwed up,he will have to eat the cost.I sell on Ebay and shipped two customers the wrong packages by mistake. I lucked out that both forwarded my packages to the right person and I refunded their shipping cost.It might take a week or so to get straightened out. UPS isn't going to go out of their way to return these boxes.They will go the slow route back.After 2 weeks,then I would worry.He should at least return the emails tho.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »
As long as he made the mistake with the address, he should eat all freight except cost from him to you. Don't let him try anything else.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 07:20:17 PM »
No I was not worried and trust me I wont let him get away with anything and he has not tried and dont expect him too since its pretty obvious that he made the mistake, never lived in Calif. and never plan to, I was just curious wether UPS would charge him another fee to return the boxes back from Calif to Ohio.
He does know about it since I have already e-mailed him thru e-bays messages and left him a voice mail explaining what I have uncovered and his lack of response is a little frustrating but I have been having bad luck on e-bay recently with sellers anyway so I guess I am becoming a little knumb to it
My biggest concern is that I really want these bumpers, I mean I really want them bad. I hope I do see them. I am a little concerned that he will tell UPS just to keep them and give up and take the negative feedback thus ruining his 100% posative.
I hope this does not happen.
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 10:26:54 PM »

As long as it was plain shipping, the shipping cost included a round trip if the item is not deliverable or refused, eg, there is no return shipping fee. (COD and packages with special handling charges are different) Of course, he will have to pay them again to ship it to you after it comes back...if he is clever, he will redirect the destination address in transit, it's messy, but often cheaper than getting it back and shipping it all over again if the item is large.

Interestingly, if USP has to correct the address to deliver a package they charge you for that little service..

>I am a little concerned that he will tell UPS just to keep them...

Only if he is an idiot, they *do* charge a disposal fee....
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 05:22:37 AM »
Thanks, it was a 59 pound box but I am assuming it was plain shipping, maybe they charged him an extra fee that I have noticed they have for boxes that are oversized or heavier than normal.
I figured maybe there was a chance that the postage would be round trip included, I have had letters returned to me and post office does not ask for another stamp.
I just looked at the tracking number and it still says same, package on its was back to sender.
Because of the lack of contact to me ( I know he has heard my message on his phone and has prob. received my e-mail ) I dont think he is the brightest star in the sky but hopefully I still get these things.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 05:33:20 PM »
Guy called me today, seemed nice enough and of course it was someone elses fault but I told him I really dont need an explanation because I really dont care whos fault it was. Everyone makes mistakes, Im out a little time but hes out a bunch of money so lesson learned for him prob.
He said he would have them coming my way as soon as possible and I feel better that I will still end up seeing them eventually.