Author Topic: Some of my antique spray equipment  (Read 6461 times)

Offline Stoney

• Contributor
  • New Market, Alabama
Some of my antique spray equipment
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:42:06 PM »

Pre-1900's four row crop sprayer that is traction powered by the left wheel and is pulled by a team of mules/horses.

1912 F. E. Meyers barrel pump mounted on a milk barrow representing  the desperation of small farmers trying to control the cotton boll weevil outbreak during the 1920's.  The father would push the barrow up to where his son had sprayed to , set the barrow down and pump while his son carried the wand and sprayed as far as the hose will reach.  Then the process begins again.

1920's Hardie orchard sprayer mounted on a steel wheeled truck.  The motor is not original.  It is an IHC late LA motor.  Hardie sold their sprayers with or without motors so you see all kind off motors mounted.  I like the look of the vertical Novo.  This winter I'm having a new tank built because this tank has arsenic leached into the wood.  The arsenic would leach back  out into the water so I can't run the motor and pump safely until I change the tank. I'm changing the wheels to make a turn under truck.

This is a 2 row garden bicycle sprayer.  I believe it is about 1940's or 50's.  You pump up the 3 gallon sprayer open the hand valve and start pushing.  There is an air pump mounted so that the eccentric mounted on the wheel keeps the sprayer pumped up.   The 2 row boom is adjustable. up and down 

"Never laugh at live dragons" Bilbo Baggins "The
Hobbit"

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas Edison

http://www.plantshepherdplus.com