Author Topic: Another greetings from S/W Oregon  (Read 1438 times)

Offline moparthug

Another greetings from S/W Oregon
« on: November 22, 2015, 06:04:57 PM »
Hiya folks, Jason from Rogue River here. My grandfather was a Chrysler mechanic in Los Angeles back in the 40'-60's, and my father did a little drag racing in a T-bucket powered by a 331 Chrysler Hemi with a blower at most of the SoCal tracks. I was lucky enough to get their old tools and that got me started, mostly Blue Point and such, many of them specialized automotive tools for brands that no longer exist.

4 months ago I moved to Southern Oregon, a much more rural area, and just about every yard sale and small antique/junk store has buckets of old rusty hand tools. Last week I visited a local Iron & metal yard needing some expanded metal, and sure enough they had a 4x4x3 foot bin out back overflowing with rusty old tools, saws, hammers, axes, wrenches, and more. Just sitting out in the rain. I ask, of course, if they are for sale, and am told yes they are for $1 a pound. (sigh)... amazing how fast a $50 bill jumped out of my wallet. I've cleaned up a few of the wrenches so far and have (in my mind) found some gems already dating back to the early 1900's. I know next to nothing about tractor and buggy wrenches, but appreciate the form and function of a tool when I see it. Find, buy, clean, research, enjoy, that's how it works, right?
Rogue River, OR.