Author Topic: New girl stopping by  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Silverwings

New girl stopping by
« on: November 05, 2015, 03:19:19 PM »
Hello, my name is Tonya and I am checking in from Idaho. I'm so glad I found this site.

Right to the point.  My grandparents were in their early 90's.  They lived in a two story custom built home (grandpa was a contractor all his life) on 7 acres.  I lost grandma in June and grandpa now lives in assisted living.  Having said that the property needed to be sold.  Oh my gosh.... 70 years of not putting things where they belong, as well as great grandpas not putting things where they belong, it was simply a divine presence that helped only myself and one aunt restore the place. Ten weeks, 12 hour days and over 8000lbs of steel hauled off.. We did it..  With grandpas blessing, here I am.  Sadly only after 90% of his tools had been thrown away by other family members.

I have numerous open ended wrenches of various types styles and makers.  3041 Plomb Los Angeles 8G. Pre MADE IN USA as well as Vlchek.  I managed to end up with a huge assortment of metal tool boxes that I have recently discovered still have labels in or on them that a lot of these and later dated tools belong in.

I'm a lover of the antique world and have my own passions. Taking on tools at this point would be counterproductive as I am still trying to simplify life after the initial clean up.

What should I do with these???? Please help.

Sorry for writing a book

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: New girl stopping by
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 04:13:53 PM »
Sounds like a job for one of the auction houses to take on, or even our own member , Don (Bus) Haury, of The Wrenching News.
If you have the time and the energy, you could certainly do an estate sale or auction of your own.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Silverwings

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 06:17:14 PM »
Sadly it's all gone but the pieces I have. Can you recommend a place to send photos of these and perhaps someone may be missing that exact piece.

Thank you for responding.

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 06:31:28 PM »
Post the photos here. We all collect , we all know others who are looking for pieces to complete sets.
Take your photo size down to the smallest setting. Post 4 or 5 at a time. It takes a while to get used to photo posting.
They may not be worth a lot , but some may be saved from the scrap yard.
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 09:12:31 PM »
We need to see them in as many pictures as you can show so we can see just what you have.

Tonya hendon

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 12:12:18 AM »
Hi guys.  Thank you for your responses.  I would love to show you photos..... How the heck do I post them. I'm pretty good with computers but I'm very lost. 

Please assist.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 09:40:39 AM »
Read this thread for guides on picture posting- http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=61.0

Offline oldtools

• Keep OldTools alive by giving them a purpose
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 05:41:11 PM »
Waiting anticipation for your photos...
Aloha!  the OldTool guy
Master Monkey Wrench Scaler