Author Topic: Need help identifying orphans  (Read 2796 times)

Offline plowwrench

Need help identifying orphans
« on: December 12, 2015, 03:15:48 PM »
Hi All - I need help identifying some orphan wrenches - or a least, wrenches unknown by me.  I would appreciate it if some of you wrench sleuths would have a look at the three pics. posted here and see if you have any ideas what these wrenches might be.

The first is a wrench marked C.C. Mfg. Co.  I was really pleased to come across this recently in a flea market!  I know about the CC Plow Co., but I think this must be a different company.  It has the appearance of a farm wrench, but who knows?!

Next is a nice, big wrench marked BP 19.  No idea what it is, but I like it.

Then there is a very rough plow-type wrench marked 141.

Any ideas????

THANKS!

Plowwrench

Offline turnnut

Re: Need help identifying orphans
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 03:56:30 PM »
re; C.C.Mfg.Co.      there was a company named "Cayuga Chief Mfg. Co.  out of Auroa, N.Y.

the only wrench shown had CAYUGA  on it.

found nothing on the 141 nor the BP 19 

Offline Northwoods

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:57:43 PM »
Can't tell from the photo, but could 141 be used to pry open the pitman arm on a farm mowing machine to remove the sickle blade?  Only problem is that the wrench seems a little short for that....
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline rustcollector

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 09:05:50 PM »
I have one of the BP19's also. Orphan to the best of my knowledge, but my money says it will show up on a bale press parts list someday. Top wrench is a nice one too.

Offline plowwrench

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 08:55:02 AM »
Thanks to all of you for your input. Hopefully, as mentioned, more info. might someday crop up!

Turnnut, you may be right about the Cayuga Chief connection - hadn't thought about that.  It's worth keeping in the back of my mind!

I'll be posting more orphans in the future. 

Plowwrench