Author Topic: 31 wrench  (Read 3130 times)

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
31 wrench
« on: February 10, 2016, 11:55:55 AM »
Does anyone recognize this little wrench. Found him hiding in my basement. Not 100% sure on the number but it doesn't get any clearer under magnifier. Assume center opening is for wing nuts.
 Ran into a snag in organizing my wrenchs on tablet. Don't find a way to add rows. Do I need to buy an app to do this ?
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
Re: 31 wrench
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 04:42:47 PM »
I've had two of them. Not sure of the number, but was told by a very knowledgeable gentleman that they were used on the old cast iron wood/coal stoves.  The center portion was indeed for wing nuts.

Apparently there were wing nuts that held a boiler or some such, that needed to be removed periodically. This was a little before my time so I have no firsthand knowledge to go on.

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline bill300d

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »
what app are you using jim
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline turnnut

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:24:48 PM »
 I would assume that wrench came with an old walking push type cultivator,  yes, the center is for wing nuts, the other two openings
 would most likely be used to assemble the handles upon receiving them in the mail,  plus putting on and removal of accessories that
 would come with the unit, like cultivators, soil/plows, weeder, and other types of implements used in the home gardens.

it's too late, cold & snowy to go out and look for mine.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:27:45 PM by turnnut »

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 09:00:07 PM »
 Its too cold to go out period. This evening was first venture out since Mon am.
 Just using Sheets on my tablet. Younger lady showed me how to add rows this evening.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline bill300d

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »
Good,glad you got it covered .
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.