Author Topic: WTB/T: Power Hammer in Minnesota/Wisconsin FOUND ONE  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Twilight Fenrir

WTB/T: Power Hammer in Minnesota/Wisconsin FOUND ONE
« on: July 27, 2016, 02:12:33 PM »
Hello there,

Recently sold my classic car, now I've got a bit more money, and a lot more space in my garage, so it's high time I started looking for a power hammer to add to my Blacksmith shop.

I'd really love to find a Champion Blower &  Forge hammer, but a Little Giant, or anything else I can find would do just as well.

I also have a few things to trade if you're interested in anything. Including a 30" Frink & Co. Bandsaw circa 1890s, a Pontiac Fiero, or any number of other tools/antiques.

If you're in Minnesota, Wisconsin, possibly the UP of Michigan or eastern North Dakota, and have a hammer taking up space, please let me know!

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 08:35:32 PM by Twilight Fenrir »

Offline oldgoaly

Re: WTB/T: Power Hammer in Minnesota/Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 04:36:11 PM »
There have been a few sell lately, but if they are not local I don't pay much attention. When you find one there will be 2 or 3 more come up that you wish you had waited. Always like that to me!  Good Luck!
A bunch of pics (5000+) of tools and projects in our shoppe
https://www.facebook.com/187845251266156/photos/?tab=albums

Offline Twilight Fenrir

Re: WTB/T: Power Hammer in Minnesota/Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:11:07 PM »
There have been a few sell lately, but if they are not local I don't pay much attention. When you find one there will be 2 or 3 more come up that you wish you had waited. Always like that to me!  Good Luck!
Haha, then I'll do what I do with all my blacksmithing tools... buy the new one, and sell the old one for what I paid for it, or turn a profit :P I've rotated through 5 leg vises, and 2 anvils that way, and will soon go through a Forge swap..

Offline Twilight Fenrir

Re: WTB/T: Power Hammer in Minnesota/Wisconsin FOUND ONE
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 08:38:37 PM »
Whew! After driving for about 8 hours, I managed to bring a new power hammer home :D

It's a Mayer Bro's Easy-Helve, made by the same company that made the Little Giant. Only 385 of these hammers were produced before they got sued for patent infringement, and the company was driven into the ground. Afterwards being restructured as the Little Giant company that we're all familiar with today.

I'll make a new topic up in the Blacksmithing forum in a minute here, but here's what she looks like in my garage...

Offline Nolatoolguy

Re: WTB/T: Power Hammer in Minnesota/Wisconsin FOUND ONE
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 06:41:00 PM »
Congrats on the find, ile have to go check the thread out.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood