Author Topic: Tractor parts?  (Read 3333 times)

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Tractor parts?
« on: July 31, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »
Hello, I found this group at the flea this morning. Vendor had a lot of tractor parts. Does anyone recognize these? The long piece at the top has raised numbers 066. The piece at the bottom has in raised figures 1274 B. Thanks, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline john k

• Contributor
Re: Tractor parts?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:11:39 PM »
The twin iron pieces with the curved hooks, belong on the end of a wooden singletree.  Which attached to the front of a wagon, part of the hitch assembly.   The large double pointed piece looks like a double ended field cultivator shovel, not real sure on this though. The long cast iron piece with the hooked end, may be for the end of the shaft on a buggy, never seen any exactly like that.   Clearly seen is where it was once bolted to a square wooden piece. The round collar with bolt holes, may be the clamp, holding the torque tube to the back end of a Model T transmission, or a car from that era. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:26:32 PM by john k »
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 06:08:09 AM »
Hello, John. Thanks for the info. I have since found a third piece for a singletree, and am the proud owner of 2 of the long pieces. I buy from vendors that do a lot of barn cleanouts. Have a great Labor Day, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline chips

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »
The piece with two points is a trip block for a hay carrier.  The long piece with the hook looks hay carrier related too.

Offline Carl Wagner

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 08:49:52 PM »
Trip block for a Myers hay carrier. I actually have a trolley I could use that on!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:57:37 PM by Carl Wagner »
Life is hard. Its harder if your stupid.- John Wayne