Author Topic: For Sale: 30" Frank & Co. Vertical Bandsaw circa 1890s  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Twilight Fenrir

For Sale: 30" Frank & Co. Vertical Bandsaw circa 1890s
« on: August 24, 2016, 08:49:51 PM »
I picked up this bandsaw a few years ago. It was just too beautiful for me to pass up, and I didn't want to see it go to a scrap yard. I intended to hook it up to a motor, but I never actually got around to it. Really, it's much, much to big for my purposes, and now it's eating up valuable space in my shop, and I want to have it gone...

As I said in the topic it has 30" wheels, it's about 7' tall, and weighs in the neighborhood of 800lbs. Both wheels spin perfectly, and the upper guide seems to be in excellent shape as well. There's no lower guide, but original illustrations lead me to think it never had one. The table was home-made by the previous owner, and was apparently never quite finished. I also have a number of brand new, never used blades for it of various tooth count. i was told it came out of an old lumber mill in Duluth, MN. But I don't know specifically where.

The Saw is located in Iron, MN. About 60 miles NW of Duluth, MN. And 200 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul. I'm asking $800 OBO for the saw. I honestly don't know what it's worth, so that's really a spitball of a price. If I'm way off, please let me know. Would be more than happy to consider trades, especially for metalworking tools, and blacksmithing equipment.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and I'll answer to the best of my ability, thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:53:45 AM by Twilight Fenrir »

Offline packardv8

Re: For Sale: 30" Frank & Co. Vertical Bandsaw circa 1890s
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:36:39 PM »
Just noticed this and wish it were within a day's round trip.  Looks too cool.

jack vines

Offline oldgoaly

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 01:08:05 AM »
Very nice!
A bunch of pics (5000+) of tools and projects in our shoppe
https://www.facebook.com/187845251266156/photos/?tab=albums

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:24:38 PM »
Twilight,

If you haven't posted this on Old Woodworking Machines, and if you haven't sold it yet, you might want to put it there.

http://owwm.org/index.php