Author Topic: Anvil lovers will cry...  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Nolatoolguy

Anvil lovers will cry...
« on: September 27, 2016, 07:54:43 PM »
I just had to take a minute to let you anvil lovers know the tortureous improper use anvils get.

My work has a anvil that's currently about 27 inches long an 6 inches wide, except it's missing the last 5-8 inches (my guess) or so of horn. I saw it before in the yard at my work but never knew the story behind it. It just sort of sits along side a storage building with other junk. Lots of cool stuff in my oppoion.

Today at lunch someone was complaing how stupid people can abuse tools, just like a idiot breaking a 400 pound anvil. I was like what what in the world. From what he told me a few years before me people were working on something. For some reason or another they couldnt get what they needed. They decided to take a wheel loader we have an smash the part down. Somewere in there the anvil broke. So now the poor anvil sits on a pallet that's practically rotted into the ground.

I've heard an saw abused anvils before but just not anvils that big. Now we just have a piece of railroad track for the rare occasions we need it.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline john k

• Contributor
Re: Anvil lovers will cry...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 09:15:16 PM »
You haven't taken it home yet?
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Twilight Fenrir

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 09:19:48 PM »
And.... where do you work again? >_>   <_<

I'd happily pay $500 for said anvil.... Maybe even trade a perfectly good 250lb Peter Wright for it...

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:32:55 PM »
I wish I had it, not sure what I would do with it but it's cool. I find a lot of old industrial related stuff cool thoe.

Most stuff outside is actual junk. There is some good stuff like The anvil, a old sign from the original building, etc. Its just a area of stuff accumulated overtime. The building itself houses extra steel an other material for jobs. They also park trucks in there in winter months.

I work at a job shop specializing in the oil an gas industry. If a rig needs something repaired or even manufactured we can do so. The only thing on a rig we won't do is electrical or computer stuff. I myself am employed as a welder. It's not unusual for me to run a small press brake or bandsaw or what ever else need be. It's not a lot of production work so I am always doing something different. I have been there a little over a year now an love it. It's got its challenges but I am really learning a lot.

As far as buying it I can't really sell it to you. I just shared the story cause I found it rather interesting. If you are seriously interested in so give me a pm an I can feel out how they feel about it's an if it's for sale. If they are interested in selling I can put you in contact with them. I don't see a reason why not sell it. Once again thoe it's not mine to sell but I can see what I can do. I have to respect there wishes.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood