Author Topic: Bottle opener tester?  (Read 9674 times)

Offline Northwoods

Re: Bottle opener tester?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 07:02:04 PM »
How about one that will give me a start on a da#$ed tight salsa jar!
I loves me my On the Border hot salsa, but Boy, are those lids tight!
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline turnnut

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »
 must be  "HEAT" sealed from the hot salsa.

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 11:03:23 PM »
After getting distracted by the salsa fanatics I couldn't remember - Does your bottle opener tester get to drink the bottle contents? Seems like a dream job for some 19 yr old.  You probably wouldn't have to pay much, other than the cost of the bottle contents.

Chilly  :grin:

Offline amecks

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 10:31:41 AM »
Northwoods - You need a Gilhoolie!

They still make these.  I am not sure how well it works - I have one but haven't tested it.
Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 09:53:27 PM »
I know from my homebrew days that you can reuse the caps on the bottles if they are not too bent.  I would get some caps from a brewing supply company and a bottle capper from an antique mall or yard sale.  I would use the same cap over and over until it got too worn out to recap on the bottle, and I would test each opener.

Offline Twilight Fenrir

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 10:38:08 AM »
Thabks for the ideas!

I toom a few of the  outliers of various geometries and opened a few bottles, and they all worked fine. I guess I was really over thinking the problem :P As long as the jaw opens wide enough to permit the bottle cap, nothing else seems to make a significant difference. Which is good, because I can beat them out quickly, and keep prices down. :3

Offline Guido Salvage

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2016, 06:52:39 PM »
I would print a bunch of business cards on tan stock with your contact info and the fact you do custom work. Punch a hole in each tag and tie it to the opener with baling twine or sisal string.
"The practice of thrift begins with the purchase of quality"

Always looking for interesting and large displacement magnesium cased chain saws

"Order from a hoarder"

Offline Twilight Fenrir

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »
I would print a bunch of business cards on tan stock with your contact info and the fact you do custom work. Punch a hole in each tag and tie it to the opener with baling twine or sisal string.
I already have a bunch of business cards... I do like that idea though, thank you n.n

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 09:59:21 AM »
You need to make small aligator wrenches to use on child proof caps on pill bottles and those "convenient" twist off caps on water & soda bottles.  Till then, Channellocks will be on my kitchen counter.  Build an aligator with a button hook on the end and you own the SrtRitus community.

We have a small kitchen area in our bedroom closet.  The fridge is one if those small Frigidaire ones, but it works great.  It is mounted above the counter, and the upper cabinet is one of those short ones above it.

We keep an alligator wrench - a W&B No.3 Bulldog - under the fridge, with the head sticking out.  The wrench is a bit over 18" long.  The length keeps it in place and helps when opening any bottles thst fit between the jaws.

My hands are only 54 yrs chronologically, but more than 80 yrs biologically.  I'm still glad I have them, though.

Chilly