Author Topic: Flea Market finds  (Read 945 times)

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Flea Market finds
« on: March 05, 2017, 11:33:51 AM »
Hello, I found these this morning at the flea, bit cold there, 4 degrees outside air temp., didn't feel much warmer inside. They are stamped Braunsdorf Mueller Co Eliz NJ 10.   I looked at AA, they show a number 7 (1/2"), and a Number 9 (5/8" ) . These are are 6 point, and measure 11/16 " across the flats, same size, both ends.There is a hole for a bar in each. The original box reads 1/2 doz. 10 size (the 1/2 and 10 were hand written). Could these have been a special order? Regards, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline skipskip

• Contributor
  • Glenmont NY USA
Re: Flea Market finds
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 02:01:56 PM »
spark plug wrenches..I think
A place for everything and everything on the floor

Offline turnnut

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 02:15:38 PM »
 they don't look deep enough for spark plugs,  I think that they are just socket wrenches like Walden & Mossberg made.
 1920's - 1930's

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 02:34:21 PM »
Hello, Here is a line from AA;   "Socket wrenches in this bent tubular style were popular tools for servicing early automobiles. Other makers included Vlchek Tool, and an example can be seen as the Vlchek No. 51 Bent Socket Wrench". I guess it would be a general use service wrench.The long end could accommodate the length of a spark plug.  I am more curious about this size not being listed with AA. Wondering if I should pass this along to them? Thanks for the replies, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society