Author Topic: Hello Fellow Tool Collectors  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Hello Fellow Tool Collectors
« on: April 16, 2017, 11:07:27 AM »
The Wrenching News Auction
   The Spring Wrenching News Antique Wrench Auction will be held after the Missouri Valley Wrench Club Spring Meet in York, Nebraska. Majority of the auction consists of the wrenches, tool boxes, planter lids, fencing tools, etc  from the collections of Jim Plantikow of Omaha, NE and Dean Jendro of  Buckley, Washington. Also listed are the last of Gil Irps' IHC wrenches, plus a few consignments from a few other Missouri Valley Wrench Club members.
  Dean collected mostly farm wrenches and related items but is moving and can't take his wrenches along. This is the last half of his collection, we sold the first half last Fall.
  Jim started collecting wrenches while still in his teens just missing being a charter member of the Missouri Valley Wrench club by one meeting. This is the first of several auctions we will have to thin down his massive collection. Jim was selective in the items he collected, concentrating on the rarest and unique adjustable and farm wrenches and fencing tools, etc. His adjustable buggy and wagon wrench collection is top drawer, best we have had to catalog.
  This sale has more unique, one of a kind adjustable wrenches, buggy and wagon wrenches and farm wrenches then we have ever had before. It seems like every few lots I was typing "First one I have seen" or "First one we have had to sell".
  Highlights include:  Numerous Rare, Unique Adjustables Wrenches - Extraordinary Buggy & Wagon Wrenches Including Several Super Rare Buggy Wrench and Oiler Combination Tools - Cutout Wrenches Include: IHC Cutout – Casaday Cutout – Zenith Cutout – Sechler – Moline Cutout and other Cutouts - Rare Adjustables – Rare Buggy and Wagon Wrenches – Several Rare John Deere Wrenches Including a L22 Hitch Pin Wrench - Rare Early Model Vise-Grips – Combination Tools and Fencing Tools – Rare Farm Wrenches Including an Excellent Selection of Odd Balls & Orphans, Implement Tool Boxes, Wagon Reach Plates, Planter Seed Box Lids - Buggy Jacks - Farm Related Early Catalogs, Parts Books, Etc. – Books on Wrench Collecting (Schulz's and others) – Farm Related Advertising Items and Much More.

The public is invited to attend and bid, you don't have to be a member of the Wrench Club.

See the www.wrenchingnews.com website for the complete schedule and more information.

The catalog is on line at:  http://wrenchingnews.com/2017-york-auction/catalog.html

All photos are at:  http://wrenchingnews.com/2017-york-auction/all-pics-one-page.html

For more information Contact Bus Haury - 316-284-7345 - Email: donhaury@southwind.net

The Spring Missouri Valley Wrench Meet will be Friday morning before the auction in the same building.

See the www.wrenchingnews.com website for the complete schedule and more information.

For more Meet information Contact Stan Schulz -  402-362-7686  - Email: mvwcnews@neb.rr.com

DON 'Bus' HAURY
7913 SW 24TH
HALSTEAD KS  67056

316-284-7345 (cell)
316-283-5876 (home)
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline john k

• Contributor
Re: Hello Fellow Tool Collectors
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 07:48:40 AM »
Have met Jim and seen part of his collection.  Bought a few things from him, and I am always staggered by the tools he displays.   Only if I could hide some more things from my wife. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Plyerman

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Northern Michigan
Re: Hello Fellow Tool Collectors
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:09:15 AM »
It was a fun meet and a great auction. Bus and Stan and the others did yeoman's work putting it all together, and we thoroughly appreciate their efforts. The wife and I are at the campground just east of York this morning, packing up for the long ride back home.
My friends call me Bob. My wife calls me a lot worse.