Author Topic: Littlestown Hardware & Foundry  (Read 2748 times)

Offline turnnut

Littlestown Hardware & Foundry
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:33:06 PM »
 if you are interested in vises made by Littlestown Hardware & Foundry in Littlestown, PA
 There is a site to see some of there history. they are still in business after 101 years.  started in 1916

they show sand casting a vise also.

www.littlestownfoundry.com/history

today I was checking some of my clamp on vises and was studying one that only had;  L. H. &  F. Co.
  so I googled that info and found the company.  I thought it was interesting. 

yup, with warmer weather, I am back poking around in the sheds and garage, never know what I will find.

Offline oldgoaly

Re: Littlestown Hardware & Foundry
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:23:30 PM »
That was interesting, a name Emory Snyder is familiar, not sure if it is the same person but the right area. The Emory Snyder I know about had a Thorne Gas-Electric set up as a mobile welding truck. Btw my last name is Thorne I'm not a close relative but have a 1930 Thorne G-E. A gas engine (Buda in mine) drives a electric generator (made by Hertner Elec. Cleveland, Oh) which drives a electric motor on the rear axle also made by Hertner. Electromotive.They were made from 1929-36 in Chicago & Cleveland. 
A bunch of pics (5000+) of tools and projects in our shoppe
https://www.facebook.com/187845251266156/photos/?tab=albums

Offline turnnut

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 09:01:00 AM »
 oldgoaly, thanks for sharing, I enjoy reading interesting tidbits like yours.

Offline Bad 31

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 09:12:35 PM »
Interesting you posted this. I just bought a No. 112 at an estate sale today. Looks to be in really good condition but I'm going to move it on to a new owner soon. They look to be well constructed.

Offline Twilight Fenrir

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 07:54:13 PM »
I believe I have... or maybe had... a blacksmith leg vise that had "L. H. & F. Co." stamped into its mounting plate...