Author Topic: JSB SS10 1/4 INCH PLASTIC HANDLED 4 3/4 INCH LONG BREAKER BAR  (Read 976 times)

Offline cgw2also

Had this piece for many years, I think it was in a POWR-KRAFT 1/4 inch socket set I bought used in the 1960's. I knew at that time it wasn't P-K but had been added by some previous owner of the set. It has JSB in a circle on one side of the handle and SS10 on the other with no other marking anywhere. Has anyone on here heard of JSB? I searched AA, ebay and the internet and came up zip. TIA for any information you may have.

Still Newbie Charlie

Offline EVILDR235

Re: JSB SS10 1/4 INCH PLASTIC HANDLED 4 3/4 INCH LONG BREAKER BAR
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:36:55 PM »
Just Short Breaker ? Sorry, I couldn't help it. I think if the maker had made the metal shaft extend thru the whole handle it may have been a better tool. That design would probably break to easy with some big grease monkey torquing on it. I believe I have seen other tools marked JSB sometime in the past.

Big Grease Monkey.

Online Bill Houghton

Re: JSB SS10 1/4 INCH PLASTIC HANDLED 4 3/4 INCH LONG BREAKER BAR
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 03:49:04 PM »
JSB makes me think Johann Sebastian Bach, but I'm not sure he was much into mechanical stuff.  Unless it was part of the field maintenance kit, in case he was playing away, and the organ needed some attention.

Throwing in some nice Bach, a cover by E. Power Biggs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wDJrKGDlR8