Author Topic: Check out my new saw  (Read 3851 times)

Offline jaykhjr

Check out my new saw
« on: June 15, 2017, 06:34:46 AM »
Picked this up for .50 cents at an estate sale Saturday. Works well, just need cleaned up a little bit. anyone have any info on the company? I know they were eventually partnered/bought out by Bosch.

Not 100% in my wheelhouse as far as collecting goes, i might just use it unless someone wants to take it off of my hands.  :grin:

Offline Twilight Fenrir

Re: Check out my new saw
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 08:54:38 AM »
Nice... Doesn't look very ergonomic though o.o

Offline jaykhjr

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »
It actually runs pretty smooth, but holding your hand like that for awhile would probably not be fun!

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:57:33 PM »
Oh, that's cool!  Don't know if it's collectible - you could get in touch with Bosch.  Maybe you've got one of the early models, and they've been looking for an example (hey, dreams are free!).

Those barrel grip saws are actually quite comfy in use.

Offline jaykhjr

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 03:09:54 PM »
Haha, maybe it's worth the email to Bosch. I haven't tried using it yet. Maybe I'll cut some scraps with it this weekend

Offline turnnut

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »
what does the blade look like ?  the end that connects to the saw.

Offline jaykhjr

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 08:04:26 AM »

Ill post a picture sometime this weekend for you!

Offline jaykhjr

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 12:23:14 PM »

Ok call me dumb but I can't figure out how to get the blade out!

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 01:44:05 PM »
On the Bosch saws, a long thin screwdriver, cabinet style (no wings on the tip/tip same dimension as the shank), goes into the hole on the top, above the blade, and engages a slotted something that, when unscrewed, releases the blade.

I don't know about the pre-Bosch saws, but part of what made the Bosch saws famous in the early years was the so-called "T" shank that locked in better and broke less than the 1/4" setscrew-retained blades everyone else was using.

Interesting - this is very, very similar in general design to the early Bosch barrel-grip saws.  I've owned one, with the same fixed foot (passed it along to my son).

Offline jaykhjr

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »
On the Bosch saws, a long thin screwdriver, cabinet style (no wings on the tip/tip same dimension as the shank), goes into the hole on the top, above the blade, and engages a slotted something that, when unscrewed, releases the blade.

I don't know about the pre-Bosch saws, but part of what made the Bosch saws famous in the early years was the so-called "T" shank that locked in better and broke less than the 1/4" setscrew-retained blades everyone else was using.

Interesting - this is very, very similar in general design to the early Bosch barrel-grip saws.  I've owned one, with the same fixed foot (passed it along to my son).

I'll give it a shot and report back! Thanks! I went to A sale today and got a few cool "Yankee" braces I've been playing with.

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 08:34:15 PM »
Oh, I forgot to say also: once the clamp is released, you turn the blade 90 degrees, and it should slide down and out.

Offline jaykhjr

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 07:08:01 AM »

Here is the entire blade

Oh, I forgot to say also: once the clamp is released, you turn the blade 90 degrees, and it should slide down and out.

THANK YOU Bill!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:09:41 AM by jaykhjr »