Author Topic: Need help identifying some wrenches  (Read 993 times)

Offline jaykhjr

Need help identifying some wrenches
« on: June 14, 2017, 12:52:25 PM »
Hi Guys, In need of some help.... I don't know much about wrenches, but I bought some this weekend in a box with a hand-drill I wanted for my collection. I am attaching pictures. I took pictures of both sides. some don't have much info on them, if any... the one that is marked snap-on, can someone date it for me? not sure which character I should be looking at as a date code. some have model numbers but no manufacturer. some say drop forged, made in usa, but nothing else. Some have manufacturer info. Id like to get an idea of if I have anything of any value here. I'd ideally like to sell/trade for things I like to collect (woodworking, electricians tools, hand drills, saws, etc.)

Last pictures of the adjustable wrench are hard to read, they say W Germany on them.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Offline bill300d

Re: Need help identifying some wrenches
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 09:59:07 PM »
Most of what you have there are Vlchek Co. except pic 5 & 6 Barcalo Mfg.(yes the same Co. as Barcalounger), 13 & 14 Snap On No date stamp but was only made with that part no. 1971-80, 17 & 18 is Indestro Mfg. an inexpensive unmarked example that could be found in most any hardware or dime store back in the day, 21 & 22 is a Fuller Tools made by KTC a Japanese Co. 23 & 24 is also an inexpensive hardware or dime store item, a Stillson pattern pipe wrench. I would guess that you have about $10-15 depending what you get for the Snap On. Most of it is $.50-1.
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline jaykhjr

Re: Need help identifying some wrenches
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 05:33:18 AM »
Most of what you have there are Vlchek Co. except pic 5 & 6 Barcalo Mfg.(yes the same Co. as Barcalounger), 13 & 14 Snap On No date stamp but was only made with that part no. 1971-80, 17 & 18 is Indestro Mfg. an inexpensive unmarked example that could be found in most any hardware or dime store back in the day, 21 & 22 is a Fuller Tools made by KTC a Japanese Co. 23 & 24 is also an inexpensive hardware or dime store item, a Stillson pattern pipe wrench. I would guess that you have about $10-15 depending what you get for the Snap On. Most of it is $.50-1.

Thanks alot Bill, I appreciate the info.

I go to estate sales every weekend and dig through wrenches like this all the time. I know the big names like snap on, matco, craftsman, etc. Is there anything I should look for that is a little more rare?

I'm not looking to make a boatload, maybe just recoup some of the money I spend on woodworking tools, most of which sit in my garage forever haha

Thanks again!