Author Topic: Champion Spark Plug Wrench Set  (Read 1010 times)

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Champion Spark Plug Wrench Set
« on: August 06, 2017, 11:44:27 AM »
Hello, I am looking for info on this set. The sockets, breaker bar, & extension are Bonney CV labels, the Torque Wrench is a No. 056 from Bonney Forge & Tool Works. The "Miloset" Gapper and thread repair tool are stamped Champion. Just wondering if the tools are correct to the kit, and if all is there. Thanks, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline EVILDR235

Re: Champion Spark Plug Wrench Set
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
Very nice. Think back years ago of all the things we should have saved and now bring big bucks. I think I have a few of the spark plug sockets here somewhere. I do have a Chevron spark plug socket and a matching 6 inch extension. Many years ago I had a gas station type spark plug sand blaster and tester. No idea what ever happened to it. It was a Champion brand tool.

EvilDr235

Offline turnnut

Re: Champion Spark Plug Wrench Set
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 08:28:52 PM »
  back in the early 50's, we used the Champion cleaner/tester that you mentioned, I was a after school work,
  and the 1st time the owner of the small garage had me clean a set of spark plugs, I thought that was
  a great machine.    at home, we were used to cleaning plugs with a wire brush then blow them off, and
  then run a match book cover between the electrode to get any remaining carbon out.  (hopefully)