Author Topic: Vintage ERON V-Block Parallel  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Stretcher25

Vintage ERON V-Block Parallel
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:12:40 AM »
I have been cleaning out my Dad's fathers garage and came across a ERON V-Block Parallel No.E-120. I tried to look online to see if I could find something old like this one but returned nothing like this item. Does anyone know the approximate year of this item? What about an approximate value?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline amecks

Re: Vintage ERON V-Block Parallel
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:17:18 AM »
Part of the Nabeya Company started in 1560. So somewhere between 1560 to 2017?  Okay not narrowed down enough.  How about this clue... judging by the misspelling of "V-BLOCK" on the product label it is probably from the 1950's to 60's.  If you remember back then, items from Japan had English instruction sheets with many misspelled words and incorrect grammar and phrases.
If a Japanese company made that mistake today the guy who made the error would have to commit HariKari (or at least get fired).
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Stretcher25

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 11:19:51 AM »
Part of the Nabeya Company started in 1560. So somewhere between 1560 to 2017?  Okay not narrowed down enough.  How about this clue... judging by the misspelling of "V-BLOCK" on the product label it is probably from the 1950's to 60's.  If you remember back then, items from Japan had English instruction sheets with many misspelled words and incorrect grammar and phrases.
If a Japanese company made that mistake today the guy who made the error would have to commit HariKari (or at least get fired).

Thank you for the information. Since I cannot find any other online do you think it has value or know how I can get a value that it might be worth?

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »
Because it is a older tool made in Japan, I would guess it did not cost much at the time compared to a Starrett or Brown & Sharpe tools of the same era. I don't think a professional machinist would use it. A hobby machinist would probably use it. I would guess it would sell for maybe $25.00 to $35.00 on a good day. the only way to find out for sure it put it up for sale on eBay and see what happens. If it had been my father's or grandfather's, I would never sell it.

EvilDr235