Author Topic: Buyer's remorse  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Northwoods

Buyer's remorse
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »
My remorse comes from not making purchases when I had the chance.
Friday I passed on an early stubby Snap-on spinner from 1923-25.  A bit grungy, but the middle grip turned smoothly.  Don't remember about the end grip, whether it did or should turn.
The problem is that it had been broken and poorly welded out of alignment between the drive end and the first bend.
I let its poor condition turn me sour on it; wish I had it now.
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline EVILDR235

Re: Buyer's remorse
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 12:32:39 AM »
We have all been there. I have wanted things at times and walked away, just to come back and find the thing or things gone. On the other side how many times have we bought something  just to regret it later. I fall into the first comment most of the time. And don't even get me started about sellers remorse.

EvilDr235.

Offline Twertsy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:05:47 AM »
Biggest would be not buying a 1969 Impala SS with #s matching drive train, 427/425HP 4-speed Muncie.  Great condition, except the underside because it had been under cover (not sides) in Maine for 20+ years.  Wanted $11k, I didn't want to pay more than $10k............dumbA$$......the engine was worth that.

On the tool related side, I didn't buy an 8-9ft. tall "Alien Head" Canedy-Otto DP from the 30s/40s......It got scrapped.

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 12:50:52 PM »
I own a Canedy-Otto drill press. Mine is a bench top model about 2 feet tall. It uses a leather flat belt about a inch wide. I will post a picture of it in the near future.

Unknown.

Offline mrbill

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
My remorse comes from not making purchases when I had the chance.

I do that all the time.  I've lost out on some nice tools because I hemmed and hawed over them.  I look at it this way - it must be some sort of subconscious thing that keeps me from becoming a hoarder.   :smiley:

Bill

Offline Northwoods

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 09:29:21 PM »
I'm not a hoarder.  I'm a tool enthusiast.
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline EVILDR235

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 11:42:22 PM »
Hi, my name is EvilDr235 and I have been a tool hoarder since 1970 when I got my first real job. Remember Norm on Cheer's ? That's me when I walk into anyplace that sells new or used tools. The store employees always yell EvilDr235 when I walk in the door.

EvilDr235