Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2330 times)

Offline dankral

Introduction
« on: December 07, 2017, 02:55:14 PM »
My name is Dan Kral - I live in Minnetonka, Minnesota and found this site through a contact with Papaws on e-bay selling a set of Auto-Kit wrenches with a not original tapered screw and knurled nut to hold the set together.  I collect J P Danielson tools and Auto-Kit Wrenches were made by the J.P. Danielson Company in Jamestown, New York.  John Peter (J.P.) Danielson is my great-grandfather on my mother's side.  My grandfather, Fred Moynihan married Lillian Danielson, first born of the Danielson children, and ran the die shop at J P Danielson for a good part of his career until the company was sold to Plomb tool Company on December 31, 1946.  My mother, Mary Catharine Moynihan worked at J P Danielson during the summers she was in college.  And that is why I collect and am interested in J.P. Danielson tools.  One quick note - most folks get information about J P Danielson Company from the Alloy Artifacts web site.  Alloy Artifacts has a ton of great and correct information, but one thing I believe they have incorrect is the introduction of the chevron pattern as the knurling on pliers made by J P Danielson.  The Alloy Artifacts web site gives 1942 (I think) as the introduction of the chevron pattern.  I believe it is much before that.  I am working on putting together the information to substantiate my belief, and at some point that will be coming.  What I know about the chevron pattern is that it was my grandfather's "trademark" that set J P Danielson pliers apart.  More on this later, but just to throw that out for consideration and discussion.  I will check back as I can.

Offline Northwoods

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 03:49:55 PM »
Good to hear from you, Dan.
The folks here are always ready to pick up more information on the old tools.
Welcome from the great North Woods of NE Kansas.  (we actually have woods up here)
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:53:16 PM »
Welcome to Tool Talk, Dan !

I know many of us will be glad you are here and are interested in your contributions.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:32:15 PM »
Hi Dan, welcome from Florida.

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline p_toad

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 07:29:59 PM »
Warm welcome (from cold Ohio).   I suspect i speak for many - we love to find out more about companies and the great tools they produced.   I sometimes wonder if there's anywhere else in the world that had so many different things produced. :smiley:

Offline bill300d

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »
Thanks for filling us in Dan. Would like to hear more when you figure it all out. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that wouldn't mind hearing any stories or other info of the Co. Always ready to listen and learn.
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline turnnut

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »
Hi Dan, welcome to tool talk, home for all folks young and old that are interested in tool of all shapes and uses.

glad to hear that you are following up on your family history, and that you are willing to share your information with us hungry tool folks.

will be looking for your follow-up reports,  happy collecting.

Frank from Massachusetts.

Offline Yadda

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 11:26:44 PM »
Howdy from Houston!
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »
Welcome from British Columbia. Good to have you on the site and we're hoping to here more from you.

Offline OliviaJohnson1986

• BANNED
  • BANNED
    • Olivia Johnson
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 05:15:28 AM »
Hey Hey, welcome to the forums  :grin: It's good to see new faces on the forum :)  : :smiley:

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 06:29:51 AM »
 I have banned Olivia since she didn't respond, and on further investigation, I found her IP address is in Poland and is suspect.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:46:02 PM by Papaw »
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/