Author Topic: C.M.B. Wrench Co. Ratchet, & Syracuse Wrench Co. Ratchet // SOLD!!!!!  (Read 1253 times)

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
 C M. B. Wrench Co. 5/8" Female Drive Ratchet in very good user, or collectible condition. Head moves freely, and holds position, ratchet mechanism functions properly. Spring tab within opening to hold sockets appears to be correct. Head is slightly out of axis where it meets the yoke, could be the way it was made, or from use. The handle can swivel in relation to the plane of action of the ratchet head. The ratchet body and other cast portions of this tool are non-magnetic, known examples appear to be made of bronze, or other yellowish alloy.The handle is hollow square steel tubing. Different models are named Silver King, Auto Queen, or are marked with only the March 15 1910 patent date. This tool has in raised lettering PAT PEND, no patent date on the tool. This was patented by Charles Miller, March 15 1910, number 952436. I believe this was manufactured by the Syracuse Wrench Co., Syracuse, NY, and by the Syracuse Wrench Co., Garwood, NJ.  The nut at the base of the handle, that holds tension on the yoke, does not turn, I have made no attempt to free it.Overall length is 10-1/4". At bottom is a Syracuse Wrench Co. 1/2" Female Drive Fine Tooth Ratchet in very good user, or, collectible condition. This was part of the Syracuse Wrench Co. No. 2 Champion Pressed Steel Socket Set. Ratchet is unmarked, there is a small scratch that may be an S, owner's mark.This ratchet has a  pivoting sheet metal carrier holding the fine-tooth drive gear. A spring holds the drive gear in contact with pawl teeth in the end of the forged handle. There is a visible spring that keeps tension from the handle to the head, not sure if there were 2 originally. Ratchet function works smoothly, I have made no attempt to clean this, just a light machine oil to the moving parts. There are 2 shallow opposing grooves within the broach, not sure if factory, or from wear. Thanks to Alloy Artifacts for the help with the descriptions.   $19.99 for both, with free shipping!!!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:28:30 AM by lptools »
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline gibsontool

• Contributor
Re: C.M.B. Wrench Co. Ratchet, & Syracuse Wrench Co. Ratchet
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:15:16 AM »
If some body else hasn't take them I will. I'll send you a PM.