Author Topic: Sioux 700 series flathead ford 7/16 drive ratchet  (Read 1760 times)

Offline crankshaftdan II

Sioux 700 series flathead ford 7/16 drive ratchet
« on: November 02, 2017, 12:23:38 PM »
Local find and only one I have ever found--anyone know the date for these as I remember the old 48 fords/mercs with fender skirts!   Think this was an interegal part of a set in a steel box with several other parts just for flat head engines???   Any comments appreciated :cool:
E-mail address  dhdslimbow@yahoo.com
Looking for USA made ratchets-all sizes-drives and lengths  also S-K SuperKrome wrenches ditto.  Like to trade vs buy run it past me-nothing is cut in stone!

Offline Northwoods

Re: Sioux 700 series flathead ford 7/16 drive ratchet
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 09:26:06 PM »
I have its brother.  Eleven inches long.  Marked ALBERTSON & CO   /SOUIX CITY. U.S.A.
Logo is a stylized SOUIX inside a flexed bow and arrow.  Mine is #775 and has phillips screws.  The leather leaves were so badly damaged that I replaced with some old, hard rubber of the same thickness.
Picked mine up in Hermann, MO, a great German wine town on the Missouri river.  They have a fine Octoberfest.
What is your Ford reference?
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline crankshaftdan II

Re: Sioux 700 series flathead ford 7/16 drive ratchet
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:54:42 PM »
I have its brother.  Eleven inches long.  Marked ALBERTSON & CO   /SOUIX CITY. U.S.A.
Logo is a stylized SOUIX inside a flexed bow and arrow.  Mine is #775 and has phillips screws.  The leather leaves were so badly damaged that I replaced with some old, hard rubber of the same thickness.
Picked mine up in Hermann, MO, a great German wine town on the Missouri river.  They have a fine Octoberfest.
What is your Ford reference?

Mine is also a #775 model and has slotted screws holding the head together and brass slotted on the handles which look to be a bakelite black color--used by radio mfgrs back in those days.    It's also in the clean tank now-will show pictures when it's all shinney looking.   The only reference point I found was on CL #chicagoland listing r#xsr-6363251261@sale.craigslist.org  Ford flathead seat cutter tool-$220 (Mundelein) Looks identical to the one I have.
E-mail address  dhdslimbow@yahoo.com
Looking for USA made ratchets-all sizes-drives and lengths  also S-K SuperKrome wrenches ditto.  Like to trade vs buy run it past me-nothing is cut in stone!