Author Topic: Super-Bob-Cat question  (Read 1266 times)

Offline moparthug

Super-Bob-Cat question
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:18:39 PM »
Hinsdale made Bob Cat wrenches and sockets, but AA has nothing about Super-Bob-Cat tools. They look exactly like a Hinsdale X20 (1/2 x 9/16) and X30 (5/8 x 11/16). So I'm guessing these are later models from the 40's or 50's??? Or were the Super-Bob-Cat line of tools the low end models available at the same time as the X20 and X30? I only mention "low end model" as the stamping for sizes and Chrome Vanadium Steel is deep and crisp, but the Super-Bob-Cat is barely stamped in and off center overlapping on the size stamp. Perhaps a later stamping of a finished tool, clean out the warehouse and dump old inventory kind of thing?
Rogue River, OR.

Offline 3baygarage

Re: Super-Bob-Cat question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 01:22:42 AM »
Funny, I have a larger Bobcat DOE and the name is barely visible on the wrench head.  Don't recall seeing those Supers before.

Offline moparthug

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 07:53:08 PM »
Here's another idea, could the Super-Bob-Cat tools be regional? Pacific North West only? The only other person I know who has them lives in Washington State.
Rogue River, OR.

Offline Twertsy

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:37:59 AM »
As far as I've been able to discern, "Super" added to Bob-Cat refers to socket wrench set with the "fine tooth ratchet" included.  It was very short lived, seemingly 1932 only.

Offline moparthug

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 02:16:29 PM »
I love a good mystery, and these wrenches are not letting go of their secrets easily. Thanks for the new lead Twertsy, I'll try and follow up on that.
Rogue River, OR.